Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Key configuration script

I know it might be done but i'm wandering if it could be done.
is there a way to configure the key configuration of the game?
were the 4 directions will be the same but it's the other buttons say like:
A = enter, speak, look, and all other actions this is used for
B = cancel, go back
C = use map based mini-games or attack on screen
X = party roster, mission objective, and quest items collected
Y = opens a type of skill tree were you can learn skills based on the class the actor is. you can then gain the skill via sp gained in battle, missions and items
Z = uses a field skill(were it applies) to get around objects, pits, boarders, or any dangers
L = typical L Button
R = typical R Button
Start(or any other non used key) = enters menu
Select(or any other non used key) =enters an over head map of current regional map, or activates a type of radar mini-map on screen.

So can this be done?

What I was tryin to ask was for a script that'll simulate a PS2 controller.
Cause i have a gamepad that looks like a PS2 controller cept it's clear and has a USB plug in.
But any way, I was hoping that someone could create this cause i see the RMXP more than a keyboard esk program.

I'll redo the button configuration to better match my controller (type of controller i'm using is the Recoil Game Elements pad)
2/X = enter, speak, look, and all other actions this is used for
3/O = cancel, go back
1/^ = use map based mini-games or attack on screen
4/[] = party roster, mission objective, and quest items collected
Y/Up = opens a type of skill tree were you can learn skills based on the class the actor is. you can then gain the skill via sp gained in battle, missions and items
Z/Down = uses a field skill(were it applies) to get around objects, pits, boarders, or any dangers
L1 = typical L Button
L2 = Cycles the character to the left(looking directions)
L3 = not used( but the analog stick can be for movement)
R1 = typical R Button
R2 = Cycles the character to the right(looking directions)
R3 = not used(will think of something)
Start(or any other non used key) = enters menu
Select(or any other non used key) =enters an over head map of current regional map, or activates a type of radar mini-map on screen.

By the way: Does anyone know a Script to change the controls??

I mean moving with WASD
Empty buttons on the arrow key ( like WASD before )...

Taht?ll be better for some games..

No takers to this?
I would script it myself but with the controller having 12 buttons, 2 analog sticks, and each one having it's own set algorithmic sequence that once pressed sets off it's own code.
so if you could do this please let me know k.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.