Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Karma Variable

jampot

Right im new to RMXP no big problems so far but i need help with one thing well two.

1. I have a Karma variable set up in the game to have points added or taken away when doing certain things in game, is there an easy way printing the number in a message rather than lots of conditional branches saying = a certain number display message because i planned to be able to be able to get 100 or more points so this would be rather difficult to do aswell as as extreamly time consuming,

2. On a similar but not entierly the same matter is there a code i can use to print one of the hero's names in a message because i have made it so the hero name can be changed.

1.) In a Message type '\v[VariableID]' where VariableID is the ID of the Variable.

2.) To print the Hero Name in a message, I am fairly sure you will need an Advanced Message System. I believe Slipknots AMS is one of the more popular ones.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.