Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

JUST Pixel Movement...

Every search for Pixel Movement scripts lead me to f0tz!baerchen's script...
And while this is a great script, it's a little much for me...
ALL I'm asking for is a pixel movement script. No add-ons.
(Yes, I know you can disable these in f0tz!baerchen's script, but I want a script WITHOUT them.)

Thx & Credits to anyone who comes through with this. ;D

I could, but its a pain to do so, if i remember correctly... It's been a while since my last encounter with RMXP, and I tried that back then. I was hoping I wouldn't have to attempt to do something I failed at in the past, just to start a new RMXP project. So I was hoping someone could help me here... But I might just have to resort to that.
Thanks... I guess...

There's a japanese script that has ONLY the following features.

Pixelmovement
8way Movement
Sprinting

I think that's about as streamlined as you're gonna get 'out of the box'.  If you like I can try and dig it up for you.

Dissonance":1mjmq9ar said:
There's a japanese script that has ONLY the following features.

Pixelmovement
8way Movement
Sprinting

I think that's about as streamlined as you're gonna get 'out of the box'.  If you like I can try and dig it up for you.
Actually, that would work great.
Sprint is easy to remove, and I can live with 8dir.
Mind looking it up?
Thank you.

Actually there IS just a pixelmovement script, but honestly pixelmovement without 8way seems very awkward.  But here it is.

Code:
class Game_Player < Game_Character
#----------------------
# ?Å“ ’è?â€

Dissonance":1a03rt2x said:
Sprint comes defaulted as off anyway, I think.  I think you have to flick some variable to true or something, because I have pressed every key while testing this script and can't get my character to sprint ever.  :P

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/script/move.txt

Be sure to credit Cogwheel.
Wow! This was kinda what I was about to request, but I found it. Lucky me! Thanks for putting that up!

Off Topic-ish:
I held space and I sprinted...XD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.