Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Job Change System, in and out of battle [Lucid Awakening 2]

Here is my recruitment thread for Lucid Awakening 2:
viewtopic.php?f=220&t=71573

As you can see there I have a fairly complex job change system in mind for Lucid Awakening 2. I will paste a section from the recruitment thread:
Eventually they are all given the power of Purity Forms and Veil Forms. This is where the battle and gameplay mechanics are introduced. These ideas are subject to change as well.

Like I said, you will have a core party of Zeke, Silas, and Terra. There will be a sort of job change system. It's very unique, but borrows various aspects from several other job change systems such as Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy X-2, and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2, only in Japan).

There will be several jobs for each character, all exclusive (no one will have the same jobs, even though some may be similar). Zeke's will mostly be physical, melee jobs. Silas' are mainly long range such as archer and gunner. Terra's are magical based.

Every job has two sides--Pure Form and Veil Form. You change your job outside of battle, but in battle you can switch between Pure and Veil. This is crucial because the enemies you fight will either be Pure or Veil.

Here is a quick example to explain it: say that Zeke's first job is Swordsman/Thief (Swordsman being Pure and Thief being Veil). The enemy you are fighting is a Veil type. Zeke goes into the battle as Thief (Veil). Since he is Veil just like the enemy, Zeke's damage against the enemy is halved, but the enemy's damage to Zeke is also halved. A rough example of some of the strategy would be if it was a one-on-one fight, Zeke could stay in thief, and right after the enemy attacks him he could quickly switch to Swordsman. Since Swordsman is Pure Zeke would be vulnerable to full damage from the enemy, but his attack will also be doubled against the enemy.

So basically I am going to need:
-Job Change menu
-Script for battle system [BS not decided on yet] that allows you to switch between the two "versions" of the character's current job.

I am very cooperative and willing to help in any way I can, I just do not know how to do scripting. I can even make mock-up drawings if you would want.

Send me a PM or post here if you are interested.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.