Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Jaberwocky's Quest Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
bojjenclon;289344 said:
Alright so basicly just copy the list again with a new name?

Yes, I already explained, copy-paste the list, rename it Quest_Data2, change the back image to "CompletedQuestScroll" and edit the text.

Hey sorry but I've got another question...

For the completed quest list, obviously there aren't supposed to be any objectives, but if you don't put in @objectives, for some reason the name of the next few quests appear as the first quest's name.

For example:

If your first quest is called "Fishing" and you complete it, then finish a second quest, the second quest name is also "Fishing"...... this is probably because if you don't put any objectives, the next quest appears to still be in the 1st one and it becomes mixed up and creates this glitch. Could you try and fix this? Or tell me if I'm doing something wrong with my completed quest list.

Yeah, just go to the bottom of the quest window script to
Code:
for i in 0...@commands.size
self.contents.draw_text_outline_custom(0, 32 * i, self.contents.width, 32,@commands[index],1, $qdata.menuoutline, $qdata.menutext)
end
and change the @commands[index] part of the draw_text line to @commands <.<;

Also, you can use objectives in any list you want, so if you wanted a completed list to show like...
-Found teh herb thingies
-Gave thingies to old lady
or something, you could do that. o_ob

*prays for non-necropost* Jaberwocky, just a quick question. I'm using a menu system incompatiable to your Optional Quest Option and I'm wondering if it's possible to code if say... D is pressed open quest menu? Just wondering.

In Scene_Map's update method:
Code:
if Input.trigger?(Input::Z)
  unless $game_system.map_interpreter.running? or $game_system.menu_disabled
$game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
$scene = Scene_Quests.new
end
end

HI, i have a question. I've read through the instructions and cant seem to find what i'm looking for.

Is there a way of telling if all the objectives are complete through an event?

So if i get a quest from someone, complete it. Go back to that person, they give prize if all the conditions are met and the quest is set to completed

You could check them in a conditional branch with something like '$game_temp.qupdate[2] == [true, true, true, true]' or something similar... Just use == instead of = >.>

does seem to work

this is how the event is laid out (without the extra stuff not required, like the add items etc.)

Code:
@> Conditional Branch: Script: $game_temp.qupdate[1][0] == true
	@> Conditional Branch: Script: $game_temp.qupdate[1] == [true, true, true, true]
		@> Text: You did it
	: Else
		@> Text: Hurry up
	Branch End
: Else
	@> Script: $game_temp.qupdate[1][0] = true
Branch End

Even if all 4 conditions have been completed it says for you to hurry up when it should say you did it

i've got it all working and added a quest, but if you save the game, then go back to title screen and load game again, it doesn't save the quest data,

any ideas ?

Thanks

ok u can i ahve never ever ever EVER touched or messed withscripts so i hardly know how to add them but when i start the game i get this error saying: Undifined superclass 'Window_Base"

what doea that mean? and yes i am dumb but was i supposed to name it a spacific name????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.