Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Item window call

Item Window Call
RMVX:

I am asking for some kind of script that will call the items selector from the main window (when you press the cancel button to access the main menu and then go to items). Although, I also want it so that the player cannot press the cancel button again to go back to the main menu. Also, I would like it so after the player selects an item, it closes the window after the effect has been used.

Further Explanation:
When the player presses a button/makes a selection/ something to activate the script, it will bring up the items window.
The items menu will be the same kind of menu that's there when you select items from the main menu.
After the player uses an item, it's affect is activated and they return to the map.
The event that triggered this item screen will then continue it's list of commands.

For example, let's say I have an event where when the player activates it, it will have in it's event commands:
@>Text:-,-, Normal, Bottom
: :Use an item?
@> Show Choices: Yes, No
: When [Yes]
@> call item window
@>
: When [No]
@>
@> Control Variables: [0001:] += 5

So, what I want to happen is that when the item window comes up, it will pause the event, and then once an item is used, the event continues.

A few more things I'd like to add to the request:
If the player presses the cancel button while at the item window, it cannot return to the menu screen (where you can look at status, equip stuff, etc.). Instead make it so that the player is returned to the map

I would also like it to activate a switch if an item was used. As in, turn one of the switches on.

If anything isn't possible or would be too hard to implement, I can modify this request, but as is, this is what I would like the script to do.

You have a Zatch bell avatar? Anyway, on to the request: Can you be a little more clear? Does the main menu only have the option to go to the items menu? Does the item menu go back to the main menu or the map after you use an item? Finally, do you want it to go straight to the item select screen? Because the simplest method I can think of to do all of that is to make a clone of the item select screen that simply goes back to whatever scene you called it from after you use an item, and that you just call with $scene = new_item_scene or whatever. Anyway, what I'm asking is for you to clarify your request.

Nah, it's not a character from Zatch Bell. It's a drawing of Geno of Super Mario RPG I found somewhere.

Okay, I'll try to clarify all that I can.
When the player presses a button/makes a selection/ something to activate the script, it will bring up the items window.
The items menu will be the same kind of menu that's there when you select items from the main menu.
After the player uses an item, it's affect is activated and they return to the map.
The event that triggered this item screen will then continue it's list of commands.

For example, let's say I have an event where when the player activates it, it will have in it's event commands:
@>Text:-,-, Normal, Bottom
: :Use an item?
@> Show Choices: Yes, No
: When [Yes]
@> call item window
@>
: When [No]
@>
@> Control Variables: [0001:] += 5

So, what I want to happen is that when the item window comes up, it will pause the event, and then once an item is used, the event continues.

A few more things I'd like to add to the request:
If the player presses the cancel button while at the item window, it cannot return to the menu screen (where you can look at status, equip stuff, etc.). Instead make it so that the player is returned to the map

I would also like it to activate a switch if an item was used. As in, turn one of the switches on.

If anything isn't possible or would be too hard to implement, I can modify this request, but as is, this is what I would like the script to do.

I'll edit my first post with this edit too then.

It reminds me of FFIII. It sounds simple enough. If I knew Ruby, I'd help you.

FFIII had the system where you could give someone a potion in they asked for it in conversation. *Nods.*

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.