Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Item Combination

Necrus

Note: This is for RPG Maker XP
I would like a script that allows the player to combine two different items together to create another one, such as mixing herbs together to create healing potions, I'd prefer if its something that the player can use nearly anywhere (in and out of battle) - its not important if it won't work during a battle, since its primarliy supposed to be used outside of it anyway

Here is an example of how it should work,

Player presses ESC,
Chooses "combine"
"combine" function then opens inventory
Player selects Item 1,
Player selects Item 2,
Item 1 and 2 are destroied,
Item 3 is created

If there is anything close to that, even remotely, it would be very apperiative
Thank you! :D

I believe KGC made an item synthesis script. It only works in shops as far as I know though.
Go here: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=1044
to download the translated script library. The script you'd be looking for is titled "KGC_ComposeItem" under the "Item and Equipment System" section.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: sorry, that's for RMVX, I just realized you're using XP. Well, it's there for anyone else I guess...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.