Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Isometric movement script Request

Hi I`m currently working on a Final Fantasy Fan game, and the tiles are on an Isometric point of view.
I need a 8 way movement script.
Most isometric movements script makes the character move at a 45? angle but the tiles are not set up to that angle, I was told that those movements scripts just needed to be edited a little to work on the angle that I need.
So if someone could help me with this because a dont have a clue of how to work with RGSS Scripts. Either make a new script or edit an existing one I just need the character to move around the tiles, not to have the party following him or a mini map or anything.... just to move on a suitable angle.

n_n
I`m attaching a game folder with a Tileset and a Character to help.

I am really starting to need this script, so if someone could help me with this I`ll be very very very grateful

Help the Imperial soldier to walk around
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Av ... uestSS.png[/IMG]

DerVVulfman;208272 said:
A killer Iso engine is in the works, from the same member who brought us the new Mode7 system. He even posted a link to his Work In Progress, but... it IS in progress. Can't say when it'll be done.

That is the same one i been working on trying to figure out/translate, but somone in IRC said it was made for PK version so i quit working with it.

Nope. A work in progress by a French RMXP user. The scripts in the demo do not have telltale $fontface/$fontsize values in the 'main', nor have japanese scripts. Can't see a thing about the demo being PK-based.

And as he translated his Mode7 to English for us...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.