Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Internet Application Script

A little while ago I asked for a script that would pull up a webpage when the script is called. I have done that successfully and I am pretty happy with it.
The script is below.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** TDS call module
#==============================================================================

module TDS_call
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Call web site
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def self.call_site
    # Opens Web site
     Thread.start{system("C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe", 
     "http://www.moellermultimedia.com/MMM/BakkenScorePostForm.htm")}  
  end
end

Now the only problem with this script is, is that it only calls the website if you have the application internet explorer saved to this directory: C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe

Everybody doesn't have this saved to this directory which is a problem. I was wondering if there is any way to insert a script into here that would automatically search and find your internet application and activate it so it pulls the a page of my choice.

All help is appreciated!!! If any clarification is needed on what I am request please post and I will try to make myself more clear.

vgamemaster

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.