Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Interact Menu

OS

Sponsor

I would very much appreciate it if someone could write an Interact Script for me.

I need a Choice Menu to appear above events the player interacts with. For example, when the Player talks to the NPC, a menu appears above the Player or NPC with Interactions, such as Attack, Talk, Steal, etc.

Easy, right? Well I would also like it if I could use comments to decide which Interactions appear in the Menu. And in the Script, itself, I want their to be only 2 menu options already in the script: a Template or Example Option (Talk), and the cancel option. The Talk option needs to flip a switch, which will be used in the event called TalkON, which I'll turn off after the dialogue ends. I can implement the rest of the Options, myself (which is all I really know how to do...:<).

Thanks if anyone helps. You'll recieve full credit, and if the Script already exists, please let me know. Farewell.

~Akahi, the Flame

Akahi Aomitsu said:
I'm trying to avoid the SDK.
Hehe good luck with that :lol:

In any case Why can't you use events to do that. Slipknot's letter by letter message script allows you to put message windows above specified events. And you could use show choices to show the options the player can take (attack, talk, ask, annoy, rob, etc) .

OS

Sponsor

My idea is to make it quicker, and to show my team (now Officially a club at my High School) what can be done with scripting. I guess it might seem stupid to somepeople, but I need the script to be made. I would learn to script myself, but I'm busy running the team, working on the Stinger (my school paper), and balancing Pre-AP English II, French I, Comp Sci. So I need a few scripts to help my Programming Peoples to learn RGSS.

So someone, please help.

Also: I don't need the script right away, becuase we still need about 35 USD to get the Full RMXP, and my Trial expired.

No offense but wouldn't something that can't been done easily with events be better suited for showing what sripting can do. Altering the battle agorithm to make special skills certainly can bring out some noteworthy examples of things that can't easily be done with events. In any case I hope you get the help you want, sorry that I couldn't help :( .

OS

Sponsor

Me, too.

Whoever helps gets a cookie (made with 100% pure oxygen!).
EDIT: Nevermind. The cookies were causing people to breath easier at school, so I decided to switch the cookies with Mud Pies...

If no one posts about helping I'll just ask again in a few weeks/months, only I make it harder/bigger...

See ya,
~Akahi, the Flame

OS

Sponsor

...Morrowind is 3D, we want 2D...Oblivion can't run on any computer in my city. I have it, upgraded my PC three times (Graphics Card 2X, RAM to 1Gig) for it, and let the dream of editing it die when it wouldn't work...

But I mean I want to show them cool ways to use the Scripting engine, and I plan on using other examples (I want to go up from Interact Menu to Shadows/Mirrors and such).

Who cares why I want the script. All that matters is that it is made...if no one wants to make it, then show me how the code should look (Ex:

Class Name
Main (or Initiate or whatever)
Menu Method
Call method
Etc.
End of Ex.)

and I'll try to write the code myself.

P.S. sorry if that example looks really bad, but i don't know how it would look.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.