Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Infection

Infection DEMO (ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME-NEW SCREENSHOTS!)

zomtitle.png

Infection 2010 ART 100% ME©

INFECTION DOWNLOAD

(RTP IS NOT INCLUDED)

RPG MAKER 2000 RTP DOWNLOAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORY:

The year is 2010, and the United States is at war with Middle Eastern terrorist groups. For the most part the engagement had been a stalemate, each side gaining nor losing any territory.
That was until the terrorists decided to hit USA home soil once again, and this time end the war for good...
Using devastating biochemical warfare, every major city, military installment and agricultural site was hit.
Although structural damage was minimal, an airborne infection began to spread very quickly from the areas that were targeted...
The symptoms were like that of the flu, high fevers, coughing, vomiting, and the general weakening of the body. It was also highly contagious. It wasn't long before the USA began to fall apart. Hospitals were overran with sick patients, farmers livestock had all perished, which led the markets to fail. And even the military bases were facing difficult problems containing the infection from spreading, even within its own ranks. There seemed to be no answers, and no cure...

But the worst was yet to come...

It was roughly one week before those infected began to show enormous amounts of hostility towards family, friends, and strangers alike. And just like that the United States of America was brought down from the inside, it's own residences murdering each other out of unexplained rage.
It's been five months since the infection...Those that weren't infected or killed within the following days of the attacks have held out and survived in the cities, towns and rural areas however they can...

Now follow the story of three survivors as they try to make their way out of Manhattan, and reach the safe zone on the outskirts of the city...

SURVIVORS/CHARACTERS:

Ryan Shepard- Age: 26
A fresh N.Y.P.D officer, Ryan was sent to help with what was thought to be riots in the lower part of New York when the infection first broke out. After the unprepared police force was overran, Ryan fled to the hospital to pickup his fiance, Michelle, a nurse working at the time. Ever since then the two have been surviving together on the move, mainly staying alive through the quick thinking and strong will of Ryan.

Michelle Myers- Age: 24
A nurse at the Southgrove Medical Hospital. When the infection first began in New York the hospital was flooded with assault victims and people with severe symptoms of the flu. But when the hospital was locked down because of a bio-hazard threat, Michelle was stuck on the inside .It wasn't long before the hospital was a bloodbath.
Luckily for Michelle her fiance Ryan showed up just in time to get her out.

Adrian Kessler- Age: 31
Ryan and Michelle don't really know much about their Russian companion, other then he is a mechanic. He doesn't speak much, and when he does, it's important.

SCREENSHOTS:

titlescreen-1.png

screenintro.png

northcitysubway.png

01screen-1.png

02screenv3.png

innhorde.png

dinerscreen.png

hangman.png

innscreenie.jpg

artgallery.png

CREDITS:
A BIG THANKS TO CHARAS-PROJECT!

--If you have any problems post or send me a message.--

Okay, i played this, and overall I thought it was pretty meh, I'm afraid. The battles were really basic, although in the end I lost in the bi building after getting the card and activating the elevator. My problem was that in my entire time playing, I found 2 healing items, and one only heals 2 HP, which made it pretty much useless!

The environments were big and empty, but I liked all the little signs of people having been there before, fighting zombies off that you had scattered around(like the couple in the bed ;( ) What I didn't like so much is that you had lots of stuff to interact with, but no real rewards for doing so. All the guns were empty, only 1 or 2 bins had anything in them, etc.

Did I miss something with saving? Because I didn't see a single way to save!

Also, why was it that one character had low stats and no skills, one had average stats and 1 skill, and the other had better stats and 2 skills, both of which were better than the other character's? That's not very balanced.

The whole thing kinda got old after a few minutes. I was playing the toned down version and it was still just zombiezombiezombie. :/

Pokémaniac":1sr5aosf said:
Okay, i played this, and overall I thought it was pretty meh, I'm afraid. The battles were really basic, although in the end I lost in the bi building after getting the card and activating the elevator. My problem was that in my entire time playing, I found 2 healing items, and one only heals 2 HP, which made it pretty much useless!

The environments were big and empty, but I liked all the little signs of people having been there before, fighting zombies off that you had scattered around(like the couple in the bed ;( ) What I didn't like so much is that you had lots of stuff to interact with, but no real rewards for doing so. All the guns were empty, only 1 or 2 bins had anything in them, etc.

Did I miss something with saving? Because I didn't see a single way to save!

Also, why was it that one character had low stats and no skills, one had average stats and 1 skill, and the other had better stats and 2 skills, both of which were better than the other character's? That's not very balanced.

The whole thing kinda got old after a few minutes. I was playing the toned down version and it was still just zombiezombiezombie. :/
This is a SURVIVAL game! You have to look really hard, and everywhere! There is a ton of food if you look! Half the surviving is looking for food, gotta check everything. :]

But I do agree that battles are very basic, and this being my first project and in rm2k(I started this long long ago) and now decided to go ahead and finish this game up.
But I plan on making a shooter in rm2k3, which in my opinion will be very action packed and exciting! This shooter of course will deal with a zombie apocalypse!

The environments are big and empty because it's the city, of course there is going to be empty spots, or large open areas, which may or may not have infected there.
I wanted a expansive game, where you don't just take a direct path to where you need to go. So you may explore a bit if you wish.

As for the characters, they really aren't supposed to be balanced, they are all just different people. That's the way it is. :P

Oh, and for saving, I'll add it for the Demo in the next update. I've been meaning to. :] Just something I forget!

Thanks for playing and the feedback! I appreciate it!

I've recently added the SAVING option in a unique way in my opinion. So I felt I should post it up, as people have commented not just here but other places to have a saving option.

Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?l5848g4kup4qbqp

You'll only be able to save once in the demo at the moment, since I plan on making it somewhat hard to find the items required to save.
Just to make the survival impact deeper!

I've also of course, fixed a few things here and there. A few of the characters stats were messed up slightly, and I've been working on the enemies stats as well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.