Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Importing Character Battlers into RMXP - White Line...

Alright so I have taken some pictures that would make good battlers (default style battle system) and attempted to import them to the RMXP. Unfortunately when I choose the transparency color it always leaves a white outline around the character and it really makes it look quite bad in game. I mean the character itself is fine, but the white line ruins it. How would I go about preventing this white line? Is there an easier way then going into paint or another image editor and manually attempting to remove this line around the entire character (that would take waaaay to much work, I have a lot of characters to import).

Anyway help would be greatly appreciated, and if this thread is in the wrong section, I apologize, wasn't sure where else to put it.

Do you have photshop?
If not, the best way for fixing the battlers, is by opening them up in your regular default MS PAINT, filling the background with some ugly bright green, and pixel by pixel erasing the white line and replacing it with the green. Then setting green to your transparent color.

How many battlers we talking here?
I may be able to colro correct that white line for you if you post them within the next hour.
I dont have my laptop with photoshop with me, but I can download them and pm them to you tomorrow.

edit-that was fast. Zip them into a compressed file and post the link. I'll DL them and e-mail them back to you tommorrow.

How in the world did you do that so quick and so well!?!?

Haha that is perfect, exactly what I needed. Thank you! Please, enlighten me as to how you did that.

edit: btw i love the avatar. lol

Got lots of practice with this kind of thing, plus in Photoshop it's only a few clicks + tinkering with tolerance levels.

In Paint it would be a tedious, tedious process and would take several hours ;)

And thanks ^^

Thats awesome, haha to bad I don't have photoshop.

One question though, let's say I resize them in a program such as infranview (haha its freeware) and when I import them and set black as the transparency color it still shows up as a big black box around the character, yet when I use the original characters you sent me (which are to big for the screen) they work perfect, except for the size. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong since resizing and then setting the transparency shouldn't mess it up should it?

grassandrocks;274359 said:
No but it's not just like, a line around the character (as in the original problem), it is instead the entire black box that surrounds the character.

Not sure if I understood your question, but if you save them as certain formats that don't support transparency, you'll have that problem. Mine can be put straight into the Battlers folder, since they already come with a transparent background.

Hevendor;274416 said:
Not sure if I understood your question, but if you save them as certain formats that don't support transparency, you'll have that problem. Mine can be put straight into the Battlers folder, since they already come with a transparent background.

Right, right. Yours work perfect, except for the fact that they are to big (because I sent you the direct links as opposed to resizing them before hand and sending them to you, I wasn't thinking) so when I try to resize them, even if I save them as .png they come out with a non-transparent background (it's solid black) and the RMXP won't let me set the black background as transparent.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.