Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Image Uploads

I'd just like to recommend Imgur as an image host, as somewhere safe, relatively ad-free, and secure to host images. There are size restrictions, so it's no good for hefty tilesets and such, but for the most part it should be suitable. Certainly less prone to go down than smaller hosts and such, and not as annoying as Photobucket or Imageshack.

www.imgur.com

Photobucket is only annoying if you try sorting things into albums or mess with the media options. I've been using it for years now, I don't think anything has ever been deleted unless I wanted it to. I haven't hit any kind of storage limit either.
652 images, almost all of it stuff that I posted here. Says I'm only at 2% storage. It host videos now too apparently. I just hit upload and copy the link. Actually, it use to be faster because where you copy the links it used to have one that already had the tags so I didn't have to type them. Now I do.[/s]
Nvm, I guess they imbeded the [img] in a [url] tag so people click an image it'll go to my photobucket. Yeah, I don't really like that so I copy the direct link instead and add the tags manually.

Dropbox is handy for temporary stuff. Like when I do art commissions and when I'm communicating with someone though a PM system instead of by email.

Hmm, it might not be a problem here I guess, but on a busier forum I go to Photobucket regularly blocks all of a user's photos if they're viewed too much and the bandwidth limit seems low for that.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.