Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

If you made a lego game, what would it be about?

Okay. THAT idea would actually be pretty awesome. EXTREMELY hard to do with VX/XP, but still very fun. They'd have to unlock new characters, towns, abilities, etc.

It lets you destroy stuff. Its an amazing engine. Like you go up to a bookshelf, push action, an animation plays, and the bookshelf falls apart. It's really cool. Its by rataime I think.

Mikee":270ym82e said:
Alright. Just thought I'd drop in and give my opinion.

First off: I can't see why you'd want to make a Lego game, considering that Legos are like....... toys....... and.... I don't know. It just seems strange to me. I mean, hell. I love Legos as much as the next guy. I've got boxes and boxes of the suckers, but a game just seems ridiculous, unless it's based around building.

My ideas:
1.) A lego simulator. Basically, you create a lego world. RMXP/VX difficulty? Quite near impossible, I'm sure. But still.
2.) A kind of.... do what you want with your Lego life game. Where you'd basically make a character, move out of your parent's and start meeting friends, building stuff for your new home... or just building your new home... maybe you'd get a job... Hell, basically Lego Life. I think it'd be neat.

3.) Anything that isn't already a movie. Yes... I play all of the Lego movie games with my cousins, but they're pretty young, and since the actual movies and movie games (not legos) are kind of violent and graphic, their parents think that the lego versions are great choices. I have to agree. But depending on what audience you're aiming for, I'd really suggest staying away from a fan game of a fan game of a movie.... if that makes sense.

4.) Something new. Maybe a futuristic, very creative and new extreme sports game. Where you find/buy/win/earn parts for your hoverboard or whatever. You can build on, customize your tools, whatever, ya know? Something different that still incorporates Lego Building.

5.) I particularly like the cyberpunk genre, even though... I don't really know what cyberpunk is, or where it came from, or how it really works... I just know that the games, concept art, and the basic ideas I've seen here on the forums are awesome. Something like that would be fun.

Good luck. There are my ideas. XD Have fun with it.

images.jpg

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hi, please don't post spam OR 4chan memes. Both of these are against the rules. Also don't quote entire posts just to respond with a stupid one-liner(or less!). Thanks.
-Luminier

Reives":1g45j89l said:
An epic drama that ends with the climax of one lego dude having to sacrifice himself by giving his head to another lego dude who lost his somewhere behind the sofa.
That could involve the Lego party in their quest for the "almighty triangle"!

i think it'd be ferking hilarious and fun to have a traditional RPG with all kinds of cliches, but the entire game done with lego pieces. I mean like for a fire animation have a bunch of red and yellow brick come flying through and peg the bad guys, knocking some limbs of or something. And for wind attacks, have dark and light blue pieces come and knock the enemies off the screen. You could paint the different armor types on the same pieces to show upgrades and stuff.
You could do puzzles like having a lego choir, and you have to assemble the correct heads on the correct singers, then when you do it successfully they sing a choir number or something.
I dunno, I just think with some decent 3d modelling and animating, this could be just ice. Like it would friggin rule.

Numb

I have decided not to do this, because the work would be unbearable, and it would have to be in 3D to be any good.
However I will be making some games, so be on the look out!
And for anyone who wants it...
LegoTemplate.png

I personally liked the lego creator games. I still have the first one sitting around the house somewhere, and I know I have about a ton and a half of lego pieces sitting in my closet. I still assemble an electric train set to go around the tree every Christmas (My family really likes it, for some reason, and the cats have a blast with the trains when they're moving) I even keep one of my first sets fully assembled on a shelf in my room. (This set is one of those huge pirate ships. And it can even take battle damage! For example, one of the two masts is made to fall over as though it was hit) The only other lego games I've ever played were the two Lego Island games. Catching the Brickster was always a pain. The funny thing was that there was a glitch in the second one that I could use to make my character walk on water. Wait, I seem to remember playing one of those lego racer games at a friend's house as well. All in all, legoes are a fun pastime, and I do take them out occasionally, even today.

i would so make an rmxp rtp lego game. Base it off a normal living of the original RPT characters. Go on a basic rpg with weak non challenging monsters and bosses explore poorly mapped dungoens and towns.

It would be so epic :box:

Numb

...Lol I tired making a sim game, and it's completely pointless.
Nobody is going to play it because nobody wants to play a life game with crappy graphics.

Glitchfinder":54a2m232 said:
I personally liked the lego creator games. I still have the first one sitting around the house somewhere, and I know I have about a ton and a half of lego pieces sitting in my closet. I still assemble an electric train set to go around the tree every Christmas (My family really likes it, for some reason, and the cats have a blast with the trains when they're moving) I even keep one of my first sets fully assembled on a shelf in my room. (This set is one of those huge pirate ships. And it can even take battle damage! For example, one of the two masts is made to fall over as though it was hit) The only other lego games I've ever played were the two Lego Island games. Catching the Brickster was always a pain. The funny thing was that there was a glitch in the second one that I could use to make my character walk on water. Wait, I seem to remember playing one of those lego racer games at a friend's house as well. All in all, legoes are a fun pastime, and I do take them out occasionally, even today.

Heh, yeah the lego creator games were awesome. I spent a crapload of time building a giant to-scale castle in it once, but it slowed down so much because I was on an Intel Celeron 300Mhz, with 64MB of shared system memory XD When I finally upgraded my computer, the game didn't support the newer hardware, so I had to run it on software and it was still too slow D:

I want to know why there hasn't been a Lego Creator 2. Not Lego Creator Harry Potter, or Knights Kingdom, straight up Lego Creator 2. They could do things like letting you actually turn bricks around and stuff.

I still have a mother crapload of actual bricks in my closet too, but I don't really have time to use them very much anymore D: I recently considered buying the Imperial Star Destroyer set-- not the cheap tiny one, the one that is like 4 feet long :D

DeM0nFiRe":31a07o9t said:
Heh, yeah the lego creator games were awesome. I spent a crapload of time building a giant to-scale castle in it once, but it slowed down so much because I was on an Intel Celeron 300Mhz, with 64MB of shared system memory XD When I finally upgraded my computer, the game didn't support the newer hardware, so I had to run it on software and it was still too slow D:

I want to know why there hasn't been a Lego Creator 2. Not Lego Creator Harry Potter, or Knights Kingdom, straight up Lego Creator 2. They could do things like letting you actually turn bricks around and stuff.

I still have a mother crapload of actual bricks in my closet too, but I don't really have time to use them very much anymore D: I recently considered buying the Imperial Star Destroyer set-- not the cheap tiny one, the one that is like 4 feet long :D

The Lego Creator games just didn't sell well enough, apparently. I've got a preview disk for the Knight's Kingdom thing, and it is crap. Did you know the Lego website has a piece of sofware you can use the assemble and order your own sets? They even add some of their favorites to the catalog. Oh, and I'd personally have gone with the Death Star or Millenium Falcon of the same line as that Star Destroyer. I've seen all three in LegoLand (I have a much younger cousin who absolutely loves the place) and those two look better, at least to me. Do you remember the Throwbots line? They were the beginning of the whole Bionicle thing, and I still have all of mine.

Numb

I think a lego game could be done though, if someone would put the time into the sprites. D: We would need a "3D" Lego template though, to match this grass tileset.
legograssld1.png

Turn the legos a full 180. The shadows are in the wrong direction, and it appears as though they are holes instead of nubs, or whatever they're called. Oh, and they should all have "LEGO" spelled out on them, if they were supposed to be legos.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.