Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

If the best Scripters came together, this can happen! CT CBS

I know what you are all thinking, OMG THINK OF ALL THE CT FANGAMES!!!! But if this awesome battle system was made, it would prove useful for many, many people.

I am of course speaking of the Chrono Trigger battle system, a revolutionary system!

For those who don't know, this battle system is an ATB battle system, like FF6 and other games, but takes place on the map- that is just the basics of it though. The enemies are seen onscreen and when touched activates the battle- the player sprites jump back into battle stance and the battle window appears. The enemies move around, and certain skills affect grouped enemies, when they're are close together. Some skills are also combos, where when two player's ATB gauge is full, then a 'Dual Tech' is selected they both attack and lose MP accordingly.
I know this is difficult, but if it is broken up it would seem easier. Essentially it is a 'Map as Battleback' script- where the current map area seen is captured and used as a battleback. It is an 'ATB Script' which are scattered throughout this communit It is a 'Combined Skills' script, for the Dual Techs, and finally it is an 'Animated battlers' script.

You don't have to make this for me, I am just drawing attention to the system and how it can be broken down into smaller chunks!

Just for reference, here are some screenies of the battle in-game
cit_chrono_trigger_-_forest_battle.jpg

large.jpg

chronotrigger.png

problem isnt the script. will require so much art for people to use. and special mapping that lets people fight instead of super clutter. and all sorts of customizations and instructions as require reading. sure itd be a great script but no one would ever use because of those

SolstICE":3v9lcmnm said:
problem isnt the script. will require so much art for people to use. and special mapping that lets people fight instead of super clutter. and all sorts of customizations and instructions as require reading. sure itd be a great script but no one would ever use because of those

I want to get into scripting myself but he's right...I'm not saying this isn't a bad idea,what I'm saying is it wouldn't be a script but alot of customisation but if someone did do this they would release a demo not a script

Atoa

well, there's no need to "the best Scripters came together" to do this, since someone *already* done it alone...
BUT the system isn't avaliable for other ppl.

But if someone did this, anyone can do.

I'm already have an idea of how do this, but my priority now is my CBS, then i will work in my game projetc.

If someone else don't do this soon, i'm sure that i going to do this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.