Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

IABS - New CBS project

Hello community.

This topic might look as a recruiting topic, and yes it's, but it's also a sort of script request. I don't know where exactly to post it so it's here, in Script Request. Anyway, read the next lines!

I'm currently looking for interested scripters to help me with my CBS script.
Tthis script will be available to public and everyone who will contribute to it will be conssidered as an author of it.

The main idea
The IABS (Interactive Action Battle System) is a battle system which occures directly on the map, think of Chrono Trigger, and expand the limits of standard battle systems like FF ones.

Features
  • Fight your foes directly on the map.
  • Possibility to move in a restricted area in battle using a "move" command.
  • Block and evade attacks manually.
  • Area dammage.
  • Animated characters

Contribution
I'm not an expert rgss scripter. I have good knowlegdes in it though but i'll need help to acheive this battle system. If you have suggestions, comments or if you're willing to put your hands into this project, feel free to ask! That's exactly the goal of this topic! You can obviously PM me.

Specific ideas
The main referance for this script is the Chrono Trigger's battle system, which is extreamly fun! Don't you think? So I'm expecting to use the following scripts:

• SDK to maximise compatibility
  • Path Finding script by Near Fantastica
    - Used to move allies/enemies to a location. (Duh!)
  • View Range script by Near Fantastica
    - Important to make area dammage.
  • Trailing Characters by SephirotSpawn
    - Not that important but it would be great to see party members moving to their position before the begining of a battle!

FAQ
None.

Team
  • Dargor
  • Insane Core
Suggestions from you.
  • None right now.

Thanks to everyone who are reading and taking this topic into consideration!
-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.