Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I think I figured out a variable mystery...

Untra

Sponsor

OK, maybe someone figured this out before me, But it just occurred to me why when you have the game save your direct as a variable, it saves it as either 2,4,6 or 8 for down, left, right, and up, respectively.

It happened during Spanish class today; as I was fooling around with my calculator. I noticed the position of the numbers on the calculator.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Calculator.kodabar.jpg[/IMG]
Do you see how the 2 is at the bottom of the number grid, with 4 at the left and 6 at the right, and with 8 at the top? I think that is why the script orients those directions towards those numbers.

Maybe its not that important, but its been bugging me. Hopefully this answers a few curiosity quesions. Otherwise, this is no matter. Still, any thoughts?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.