Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need only SDK Part II

Well, all you have to do is get the full SDK, and change SDK::Parts so that it doesn't include later parts. You're going to need part 1 since that's just basic stuff (it doesn't affect any existing scripts and won't conflict with anything) required to run the rest of the SDK. So, where it first says module SDK, there should be a line that looks like this:

Parts = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

Change that (it might not look exactly that way) to:

Parts = [1, 2]

rey meustrus":3omsftmz said:
Well, all you have to do is get the full SDK, and change SDK::Parts so that it doesn't include later parts. You're going to need part 1 since that's just basic stuff (it doesn't affect any existing scripts and won't conflict with anything) required to run the rest of the SDK. So, where it first says module SDK, there should be a line that looks like this:

Parts = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

Change that (it might not look exactly that way) to:

Parts = [1, 2]

hmm..I did exactly what you said...but an error had occurred

the following is the problem:
if SDK::Parts.include?(3) || SDK::Indidual_Parts.include?('PART 3#SCENE_TITLE')

Zeriab":7wmevmdz said:
Indidual_Parts

It means you have a version with plenty of Indidual_Parts typos. It should be Individual_Parts

I put the number in the indidual parts like this
Parts = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Individual_Parts = [1, 2]
it also gives me an error at

line1518 Individual_Parts.collect! {|i| i.upcase}

why??? No matter how I try, it always give me errors

Individual_Parts is an array of strings, not of integers.

I would recommend making sure you have the most recent version of the SDK. If you still have a problem, use the SDK patch (SDK part 5, so you'd have Parts = [1, 2, 5]). If you STILL have a problem, use the line right after Individual_Parts = []:

Indidual_Parts = Individual_Parts

rey meustrus":2lyfxwmi said:
Individual_Parts is an array of strings, not of integers.

I would recommend making sure you have the most recent version of the SDK. If you still have a problem, use the SDK patch (SDK part 5, so you'd have Parts = [1, 2, 5]). If you STILL have a problem, use the line right after Individual_Parts = []:

Indidual_Parts = Individual_Parts

It still doesn't work... and there is no colon
in the line "Individual_Parts = []"
If I add colon after "Individual_Parts = []" an error occurred

I am wondering whether we are able to SEPARATE/CUT the parts of SDK
,I've seen people who only take part 1 of the script

rey meustrus":3b6xsrl5 said:
No, I didn't say to change it to "Individual_Parts = []:" I said to add the line "Indidual_Parts = Individual_Parts"

ahh.... I got it worked!
It worked when I added Individual_Parts = Individual_Parts

Thanks! rey meustrus :biggrin:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.