Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

i need a talking and asnwers script, very importnant D:

Gimnis

did anyone played wizardry 8? in that game, when you talk to an NPC you can write some word (or choose one from a word list) and then it answers to you,

like i can say "dark sevanth" (which is the main enemy in the game) and it will answer something like
"ohh, i don't want to talk about him!"
or if i'l say "jtkrhrkrhgblrjkghrl" it will probably answer
"i did not understand you..."

what i need, is a script that when i call it, it will go to a window where you can write words, or choose from a word list... and in the script i will write the answers to every event... including an answer for words that are not in the event answer list or something like this... is there any script that does this?
or can anyone make one for me?

this is what i basiclly want:

oh, and i need an XP version :P

Gimnis

yeah! it's awesome to know it's getting worked on!!

but, hmm... sorry for being stupid but where do i put those methods?
(RGSS.Map, RGSS.Character)

and again, thanks for your help!

It would go....

Default Scripts
SDK (if using, probably won't need in final version)
MACL (if using)
RGSS.Character
RGSS.Map
... (Custom scripts can go here)
T&A System
... (Custom scripts can go here too)
main

...Don't worry about all that though (unless you're gonna test it right now) because I'm gonna pre-package it for ya when its finished ;)

T&A System 0.5 (BETA)

"BETA" means this system isn't entirely finished, but works for its intended purpose. Please look through the scripts in the Script editor and find DOCUMENTATION, it contains some details about bugs to expect with this version, and the FAQ itself tells you the general usage. The known bugs will be fixed in the next "non-BETA" version, but if you encounter anything not listed in the FAQ please let me know so I can fix that as well.

You could use this system as-is, so long as you know the bugs to expect (ie, don't have an empty category or the "Sort!" option in the menu will crash the game if the player "Sort!"s an empty category). Also, the "Ask Question/Talk About" window isn't fully implemented, it doesn't display the text you type, but it DOES at least function. This is one of the last 'major' things that I need to fix in the system.

Go ahead and try it out and tell me how you like it so far, I didn't do the 'event scheme' that I talked about earlier but I still might implement it (or I might not). But, if you look at the example event, you can see that it is still pretty easy to work, and you can do whatever you want event-wise as a response.

Enjoy and if you're patient I'll have an update with bug fixes within the next week! :thumb:

PS: I plan on removing SDK requirements in the final version.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.