Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need a slidding floor script...

Remember Pokemon?
When the main character is on the ice floor, and witch ever direction hes facing he slides until he hits something, then the character can choose a direction
and slide that way? It was kind of a puzzle map.
I need something like that.

Well I made a field and everything, but except for ice, the players going to be in a boat, on water.
I tried to make it with events, but I haven't been able to.

Any help?

Please and thank you.

Gray

That'd be simple to make with events. Ok, not simple, however it wouldn't be too hard. Too bad I don't have VX or I would make the system and give it. However, I'll kinda try to instruct you here.

Event = Paraell Process.
Conditional branch = If player is facing up
Set move route - player - up (lots of times) - ignore if cannot move.
else
Conditional branch = if the player is facing left
Set move route - player - left (repeat) - Ignore if cannot move

You get the idea. Should work, otherwise you could just use set move route in a player touch event on every possible square you can move on.

Tylord_lol":2gwsd4dl said:
Remember Pokemon?

No

I created a map with borders to stop the player

Create a parallel process event somewhere on the map.

@>Set Move Route: Player (Skip)
: : $>1 Step Forward
@>Wait: 1 frame(s)

That's pretty much it. Edit your map to make it difficult to get out

Be Well

Jason

Awesome Bro

Gray":31er739h said:
That'd be simple to make with events. Ok, not simple, however it wouldn't be too hard. Too bad I don't have VX or I would make the system and give it. However, I'll kinda try to instruct you here.

Event = Paraell Process.
Conditional branch = If player is facing up
Set move route - player - up (lots of times) - ignore if cannot move.
else
Conditional branch = if the player is facing left
Set move route - player - left (repeat) - Ignore if cannot move

You get the idea. Should work, otherwise you could just use set move route in a player touch event on every possible square you can move on.

You could do that but it'd be a pain in the arse, Brew basically summed it up, lol.

Although it'd be better to change the Terrain tag on the Ice tile, make a Variable which stores Terrain Tag, and make a conditional branch = if Terrain Tag is  

Gray

Ok, I obviously didn't think my instructions through. This might not be as simple as I had hoped.

Make an event for everyway (left right down and up) and a new switch called arrived, and a new one called sliding.

Make the event that the player walks on to start the sliding player touch, and then triggers the sliding switch and shuts off the arrived switch. Make a new event page & make it autorun, then turn on the sliding switch on it, just having the set route command to the direction you want the player to slide.

Wherever the sliding ends (wall, safe spot) make another player touch event triggering the arrived switch, and shuts off the sliding switch.

I think that should be it. I think.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.