Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need a Script that will only let people level 65 and up in a certain area

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^8-)
I know its pobably very simple for most of you to write but i am not very good at script writing

You don't need a script for that just make an event, a conditional branch "If player level is above 65 transport to certain area" else "you must e level 65 or higher to enter this area"
its pretty easy and doesn't require a script at all.

You people and your damn events. :p

Code:
Cant_Level_Switch = 1
Cant_Level_Cap_Variable = 1

class Game_Actor
  alias_method :seph_cantpasslevel_gmactr_exp=, :exp=
  def exp=(exp)
    if $game_variables[Cant_Level_Switch]
      if self.level >= $game_variables[Cant_Level_Cap_Variable]
        return
      end
    end
    self.seph_cantpasslevel_gmactr_exp=(exp)
  end
end

Just change your Cant_Level_Switch with the switch you plan to use to cap the level, and use Cant_Level_Cap_Variable with the variable will hold your max level.

So if you want to cap the level at 65, change your variable switch (in this case, variable 1) on, and set your variable (in this case 1) to set.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.