Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I hope this won't be difficult.

I'm still learning to use RMXP to its full potential without custom scripts, so if this can be done without a script, please let me know.

I can't seem to find a way to use the classic RPG quest formula "bring me X number of item Y." The conditional branch has an "item Y in pack" option attached to it, but no numbers. I would very, very much like to have a scenario where the player brings the town blacksmith a certain number of ore and, for a nominal fee, he gives the player an item, with each item costing a different amount of ore. I can think of several ways to potentially do it, but I think the simplest would just be to have a conditional branch check to see if the player has the necessary amount of ore to get what they're asking for.

It really doesn't seem like this should be terribly difficult, seeing as half the solution is already there (no scripts required).

If someone could help me with this I would really be extremely grateful.

Best way I can think of would be to set the number of items to a variable, then use that in the conditional branch. If you go into 'Control Variable' you should notice item about half way down the list of Operands. Apologies if that doesn't make sense, I'll clarify if need be.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.