Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hunting/Shooting Script

Okay just to be clear right away, I do NOT want a shooter game. Here's what I'm looking for:

I want it to be possible that if a character has a certain weapon in his inventory, and a certain ammo. In this case, a bow and arrow*however many, would be able to fire the arrow at enemies. The goal is so that the character can hunt animals basically, but that he can also fight the animals normal battle style. I'm hoping to make it so that its sort of an alternative to just slaughtering via combat.

Think breath of fire 2's hunting system, except you can use it on any enemy to reduce their health for the regular battleand/or kill them if you shoot them enough.

This might be a kool request... Like an ABS? Maybe an Edit of my Gunner's Gauntlet.

Like:

If Player Has:
Gun and [insert number here]ammo or more

if Player Presses A
Gunshot SE
EnemyHP decreases

if EnemyHP = 0
Erase Event
Add Item...

Is that along the lines of what you want....

Hey, You could probably do that with a instance variable an Parralel Process Event and alot of other Enemy Events....

[sorry about the non-sense rambling I'll try...]

something like that. Though preferably if its an animal, I could change it into like, meat or just a sack to show an item's dropped, or if its a human a body could fall that you could search, or not. Just depending.

are you wanting the type of ammo you will be using to visually hit the target.
this can be done using show picture and moving the picture with X and Y cordinants right? or use a move route, showing an arrow, make it this event. if your target is 5 squares to the right of you and you press a button to fire the arrow, use the move route for it and input "move right" 5 times.. increase the speed for it..Just an idea. but of course you would have to have an arrow character graphic.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.