Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HUD Request for Last Man's Stand

Some may have seen the game we am making at the momment, Last Man's Stand (topic link here:http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=44356.new#new. I have changed the request here slightly. We now only need a HUD:

The HUD

I have changed the request again to something that fits the style of the game better:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2290 ... ignzx9.png[/img]
EDIT: Oh, yeah the man in the picture is Joe from Last Man's Stand. The sprite is made by me (fox5).

Ok, the dark grey and light grey boxes are just a picture set out like that in the 'Pictures' folder. The badly drawn gun is the icon of the weapon you have equipped in the inventory. The red bar next to that is the health bar, and under that is the MP bar. Those both apply to the default RMXP HP and MP settings. And under that is how many bullets you have for that weapon. The number should apply to how many of Item 1 in Database you have in the inventory. This will be 'Bullets'. And that's it.

So I hope that someone out there can help me, and that I have posted enough info.

Thanks in advance.

khmp

Sponsor

Rounded bars or otherwise does this request still need attention? I will try it if you don't have any objections. Just need to know a few things:
Is there a current implementation for the ammo system?
If yes they are stored inside $game_variables(which ones), a separate class, the player, the actor?

AbyssalLord":1k8zspb3 said:
Seems to be a lot of problems...I know it would not look as good, but did you try using the draw_rect method?  It would mean that you would not need 200 pictures. :)
Draw_rect method?
fox5":1k8zspb3 said:
:(  Can you post me a demo of what you have so far, so I can have a go?
It's actually all over the place. But I'll try clean it up.
Mr_Smith":1k8zspb3 said:
I dont think this HUD is gonna be released for public, but I really would like to see how you made it...
Well it's up to Fox5, if he would liked it released. Even though it's mine, I think Fox5 has the right.

Also Fox5, would you like a quick weapon change?
Like hit 'A' and it changes the weapon?

Ok, here goes with answering all these questions:
khmp":26kj7rek said:
Rounded bars or otherwise does this request still need attention? I will try it if you don't have any objections. Just need to know a few things:
If yes they are stored inside $game_variables(which ones), a separate class, the player, the actor?

Sure, the more working on this, the better! The ammo is stored in variable 1, and a common event that is always running has a conditional branch that checks which weapon is equipped, and then sets variable 1 by the amount of item (for example) 1 there is in the inventory. If this doesn't make sense, i'll try and explain better.

006":26kj7rek said:
Well it's up to Fox5, if he would liked it released. Even though it's mine, I think Fox5 has the right.

Well, it's really up to you, 006 if you want to realease it, being as you're the creator... but if it was up to me, i'd rather it remained unique to the game...

And yes, a weapon switch button would be cool... it's just that A, B, X and Y are already being used for the other evented systems in the game... the only ones it could be is L or R.

fox5":3s5mpzpj said:
Ok, here goes with answering all these questions:
khmp":3s5mpzpj said:

Sure, the more working on this, the better! The ammo is stored in variable 1, and a common event that is always running has a conditional branch that checks which weapon is equipped, and then sets variable 1 by the amount of item (for example) 1 there is in the inventory. If this doesn't make sense, i'll try and explain better.

006":3s5mpzpj said:

Well, it's really up to you, 006 if you want to realease it, being as you're the creator... but if it was up to me, i'd rather it remained unique to the game...

And yes, a weapon switch button would be cool... it's just that A, B, X and Y are already being used for the other evented systems in the game... the only ones it could be is L or R.
OK, if you want it to be unique then it is. Do you want me to make it that 'L' switches to back and 'R' switches forward, or just use one of them? I still can't figure out the lag though.

006":1cdo68bl said:
OK, if you want it to be unique then it is. Do you want me to make it that 'L' switches to back and 'R' switches forward, or just use one of them? I still can't figure out the lag though.

Don't worry about the lag for now. The L and R back and forward switching sounds good to me. :thumb:

Um, how far are you with this, 006? I don't want to rush you, but I need this pretty soon, now. Could you just put together a demo with what you have so far, and I'll work of that if you can't finish it for any reason?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.