Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HUD Request for Last Man's Stand

Some may have seen the game we am making at the momment, Last Man's Stand (topic link here:http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=44356.new#new. I have changed the request here slightly. We now only need a HUD:

The HUD

I have changed the request again to something that fits the style of the game better:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2290 ... ignzx9.png[/img]
EDIT: Oh, yeah the man in the picture is Joe from Last Man's Stand. The sprite is made by me (fox5).

Ok, the dark grey and light grey boxes are just a picture set out like that in the 'Pictures' folder. The badly drawn gun is the icon of the weapon you have equipped in the inventory. The red bar next to that is the health bar, and under that is the MP bar. Those both apply to the default RMXP HP and MP settings. And under that is how many bullets you have for that weapon. The number should apply to how many of Item 1 in Database you have in the inventory. This will be 'Bullets'. And that's it.

So I hope that someone out there can help me, and that I have posted enough info.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, could you really? That would be a great help. I have tried eventing it already, but I met problems with displaying the amount of bullets, changing the graphic of the gun equiped and changing the ammo number depending on which gun you have equipped (e.g. with the machine gun, you have 20 bullets, and then you equip the pistol, and you have 5 for that). But if you could do it, that would be twice your name would have to go in the credits :wink: Oh, but the maximum health is 100... I suppose if I had to, I could lower it to 50... Thanks.

fox5":287qcxv1 said:
Wow, could you really? That would be a great help. I have tried eventing it already, but I met problems with displaying the amount of bullets, changing the graphic of the gun equiped and changing the ammo number depending on which gun you have equipped (e.g. with the machine gun, you have 20 bullets, and then you equip the pistol, and you have 5 for that). But if you could do it, that would be twice your name would have to go in the credits :wink: Oh, but the maximum health is 100... I suppose if I had to, I could lower it to 50... Thanks.
No, no, no. Don't lower the health for the sake of making it easier. I'm currently making a ABS for my game, which uses the similar health based and weapons. I'll try start now. Is it alright to use the guns icon and not a big image?

That is really, really good! Infact, it's better than I imagened by a long way. If you can get that to work completely, your name will be at the very top of the games credits. Just one thing - could it be a bit bigger, like the size of the example I made?

EDIT:
006":2kshl26c said:
Note:Due to the amount of health and different bullets and everything. This thing will use probably over 300 pictures  :crazy:

That's fine, if you can get that to work, but i thought RMXP could only handle 50 pictures?

If you don't mind, I'd like to give this a shot (doesn't matter which you use to me, I just need practice).  Just a couple questions, do you need the bars to be rounded, or can they be rectangular?  Could you tell me the ID and the max ammo for each weapon?  If so, I can probably do this without 300 pictures.  By the way, how do you check how many bullets are in the gun (variable?).  Also, the way I do it, there is no HP/SP limit (if, of course, rectangular bars are ok).  PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.