Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HP, SP, Agi based on Str Dex and Int

S0L0

Hi there :)

I want to make my project work as a real RPG, wich means, the:
Strenght = Affect the damage delt by weapons, the Max HP and Physical Defense
Dexterity = Affect the agility and attack rate (so Agility get removed from menus)
Intelligence = Affect the damage delt by spells, the Max SP, and Magic Defense

So this would mean, I can get a better custumization for each actor, and not the so static-level up, If i'm making a:
Warrior: I would focus on Strenght for be stronger and get more HP
Wizard: I'll focus on Intelligence for get more MP aka SP (mana points), deal more damage spells and also better magidc defense
Ranger: I would focus on the Dextery wich would give better attack rate so better dmg with the range attacks

I'm requesting this because I tried edit myself the forumla of MaxHP into this:
Code:
  def maxhp
    n = [[[base_maxhp + @maxhp_plus]*[$data_actors[@actor_id].parameters[2, @level]], 1].max, 9999].min
#    n = [[base_maxhp + @maxhp_plus, 1].max, 9999].min
    for i in @states
      n *= $data_states[i].maxhp_rate / 100.0
    end
    n = [[Integer(n), 1].max, 9999].min
    return n
  end
"Can't convert Array into Integer" and I relay not sure what i'm doing wrong, I even tried using direct forumla like the $game_party[0].str for test the max HP based on the Strenght of party leader

Every help will be apreciated, thanks :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.