Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to remove RMXP limits?

200 frames of skill animation is a little lacking for most of my ripped summon animation, and so is 999 item, monsters, skill. I saw a script before that changes the game.exe to break such limitations. Is it possible o.oa

As I keep trying to say, you can change the number of frames it generates by changing the 1000's in the script I posted. (Lines 6 and 8) That number is the total number of frames it adds to any animation it generates, and, as long as it generates at least one new animation when you run the script, it will generate however many frames you specified. To make it generate new animations, change the 110 in line 2 to a number higher than the current number of animations in your project, and remember to not save before exiting the editor.

So make another program that lets you do without the limit of RMXP and let the RMXP read it? Sounds complicated o.o

@glitch
I got the 1000 frames part working ^^, the problem is the pattern limit:
1zzm5uv.jpg

Mimi Chan":1qh52232 said:
@glitch
I got the 1000 frames part working ^^, the problem is the pattern limit:

Just a sec, and I'll have an updated copy of the script, then.

Hmm. You're trying to use extra-large animation sheets, right? I'm not entirely certain how to modify this script, to get what you need. Are you using only one graphic per frame? Or are you using several?

Mimi Chan":5yb302y4 said:
About 2 graphic per frame.

And yes, extra large sheets o.o
786 x 80000 is the largest.

fncny0.jpg

Two frames each zoomed to 167
That sheet has an odd layout that will cause problems if I try to script it. Specifically, it looks like it skips a space on the sheet occasionally, which means that it would require odd scripting to make it work. And you're making a Golden Sun game? Cool stuff.

Because the animation should be 192x192 and the system reads them by five rows so the system will read it as 960 x ????
Since I only have it at 786 x ???? (meaning four rows) the system adds a blank one to compensate for the missing frame which I don't think will affect anything at all. Its just the system puts a 1000 frame limit o.o

2du07r9.jpg

The only options I can think of is:
1. What trebor said about having an external animator.
2. A script that can link two separate animation and read it as one.
3. Or removing the 1000 pattern limit o.o

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.