Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

how do we change ingame fonts?

Since i hav 3 different RPG Maker XPs in my computer, postality knights used global variables(Main: $defaultfonttype), japanese version i hardly understand and i can't seem to find the control for the fonts in the english version(RMXP v1.02a). so for people who know, can i ask how exactly do we change ingame fonts for RPG Maker XP v1.02a english version?

~BTW sorry for using the postality knights...:tongue02:

SheilaMelodia;177589 said:
Since i hav 3 different RPG Maker XPs in my computer, postality knights used global variables(Main: $defaultfonttype), japanese version i hardly understand and i can't seem to find the control for the fonts in the english version(RMXP v1.02a). so for people who know, can i ask how exactly do we change ingame fonts for RPG Maker XP v1.02a english version?

~BTW sorry for using the postality knights...:tongue02:

have you not read the rules of this website? use of postality knights is ileagal and not many people will help now you have admited that

Come on you wouldnt steal a car, so why steel a program?

Give him a break, he has the legal version also.

I like to use this very small script

Code:
class Font
 alias font_fix_initialize initialize
 def initialize
   font_fix_initialize
   self.name = "Arial" # Font
   self.size = 22 # Size
 end
end

Just insert it in a new script above main but below everything else.

Sturmy

Maybe this will help:
Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Main
#==============================================================================

begin
$defaultfonttype = $fontface = $fontname = Font.default_name = "Arial"
$defaultfontsize = $fontsize = Font.default_size =  20

# Prepare for transition
  Graphics.freeze
  # Make scene object (title screen)
  $scene = Scene_Title.new
  # Call main method as long as $scene is effective
  while $scene != nil
    $scene.main
  end
  # Fade out
  Graphics.transition(20)
rescue Errno::ENOENT
  # Supplement Errno::ENOENT exception
  # If unable to open file, display message and end
  filename = $!.message.sub("No such file or directory - ", "")
  print("Unable to find file #{filename}.")
end

ogh

tibuda;178158 said:
I don't have it in mine.

just add it after begin

Code:
$fontface = "Your_Font"
$fontsize = Size

and on scripts, use self.contents.font.name = $fontface and self.contents.font.size = $fontsize to use the main fonts properties

that was RMXP 1.00? and if using other scripts, it might as well disable some script which is right above main right? I've got a big preoblem... and the PK edition is using the global vars, so would t work on the legal RMXP(RGSS1.02E)?
BTW, im a girl

Put main this:
Code:
$defaultfonttype = $fontface = $fontname = Font.default_name = ["font1","font2"]
$defaultfontsize = $fontsize = Font.default_size = 22
You can set fontname as array. In that case, if first font in array doesn't exist, RMXP automatically use second font. Even if first font exists, it can use second(or maybe third...) font if first font doesn't include some characters.

**those global variables are just for some scripts that are older, or still use such.(I'm lazy to delete them....)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.