Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How do I make a characterset always be under the hero? (RPGXP)

I want it to have the contrary of that "Always on Top" option events have in RPG Maker XP. You know, some script command that you could make the event do in order for it to always have the lowest possible priority or something like that, as long as the hero could walk over it. I'm counting on your help, people!

mawk

Sponsor

For whatever reason, they took the "Below Hero/Same Level as Hero/Above Hero" thing in the earlier RMs and drastically simplified it for XP and VX(?), and I don't think there's a simple in-editor way to do so anymore. If you don't want to use a script, your best bet might just be to divide your charset into smaller 32x32 charsets -- I think that it's everything above the 32-pixel-high mark that's set on a higher priority, but I might be wrong about the exact number. That's pretty time-consuming, though, so a script would probably be a much easier solution. If you want, I can move this to Script Requests.

Another method would be to edit the charset into the tileset and leave the priority at 0. You can then create an event with that tileset graphic for movement. It'll be more complicated if it's bigger than 32x32 pixels, or if you want it animated, but it'll work.

No, it's a kinda big characterset (have you seen my game?, things are huge in it!)... It has to be big! But if there's an event script command it would be alright anyway, so it would be cool if you could move it to the right section, then. Thanks for the help.

I think people aren't answering because of those comments after the first post. So I better leave a post here in the bottom telling people I've already edited the first post and I'm waiting for their replies. Come on, this can barely be considered a script request, it's more like a script command or something, I guess...

I knew noone's gonna answer in this question, and I know it would work much better in the RFSS or whatever the letters are, forum, I always get fast and great answers in that section. Please let me post there or move this to that section, this isn't really a script request because scripts are usually big and this one's nothing, it can barely be considered a script, it's just a simple script command.

mawk

Sponsor

You're still requesting a script. RGSS support is for help with (and edits to) pre-existing scripts, and I'm not going to arbitrarily move a topic just because you think you'd get more of a response there (it wouldn't make any difference, anyway -- I don't know why you think it will.) Just be patient -- people have waited much longer than you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.