Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hour Glass Menus

Hour Glass Menus
by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Features

These scripts include all of NickName features but also includes a title screen with its own "zeldic" logo and an item HUD somewhat similar to the one found in Phantom Glass. It isn't as feature complete as the original, but some day it will!

Warning!

The default battle system and main menu are completely disabled so the game looks more like a LoZ one.

Instructions

In XP put all your items or weapons icons in your Picture folder and then configure your DB so it later uses these new icons instead of the default (24 * 24 px) ones.

In VX do the same thing but place them in your System folder instead. You may need to prefix a $ to the actual icon filename since all these icons are stored in separate files.

Press Button A or its equivalent to save your game on the map or just to continue playing if you don't need to save it.

The rest of the instructions are built in the scripts.

Screenshots

hgmscreenshot.png

Scripts or Demos

DOWNLOAD DEMOS (XP VX Beta 3)

Terms and Conditions

For non commercial use and you should include me in your credits. You're not allowed to post it on any other website, blog, forum, etc.

Credits

Graphics: Inu, MysticT, Kyonides-Arkanthos and Zelda games dev team

looks good. downloading now- will comment once i check it out.

Edit:
Downloaded, is very interesting. Still has a bit of work to go, such as the highlight on the name input screen.

FYI- using the A button didn't come naturally to me. may want to offer a hint at that.

All in all, an excellent start, and a nice art direction.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.