Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hey everyone checkout my characterset of a gangsta...

VISH

Hi, I needed a gangsta for my project so I made one myself...
its my first characterset that I made myself from scratch....
here check it out...
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1120/sgangsta8zl.png[/IMG]

tell me if you like it or not....
I'm making a whole gang of them with different clothes and accessories...

your more then welcome to use that characterset but as long as you ask me first and give me credit...
and if you like that one I'll post the rest of the gang all so.....
thanks....

These are the type of gangsters I have made currently...
bloods and crips
mafia
triads (yakuza)
axe gang
essays

and still making more...
Im doing some holding up a weapon

sorry to dissapoint you, but
where's the gangster part? it looks more like a port labour to me...

and about the shading, it looks pretty weird on the head, I mean the highlight should be on the top instead of behind the bandana. While on the bandana, you doesn't seem to shade it even a bit, I don't see any outline on it...

This so looks nothing like a gangsta, you obviously don’t know what real thug gangsta's look like if you thinks this is a good representation. I’m with legacy on this one. I just don’t see how this displays what it is supposed to represent.

It looks like an Indian Gangster Wannabe to me... you know, the kinda fellow who when younger would've gone round with the massive hairdos (stupidly, a bit like I did, without realizing it) and people would call out "Oi, Hero!!" for, y'know, the whole Bollywood look...

*half-smile*

Then the dude actually gets into crime and shaves his head off as he turns
"real gangsta", heh.

It's nice to see characters who aren't outright white or black, and that middle color we're used to. I've been somewhat dreading recoloring many character sets to create the appropriate desert-worn/middle-eastern appearance for my game's setting.

okay, if you weren't making the Indian Gangster, heh, then maybe slightly darker skin, possibly reverse the head shading so brightness is away from the headband, and I don't know if they'd be wearing colors that bright - maybe more of a dirty grayer blue. I don't know, I'm not a spriter. Other people here have good advice.

I'd use it as is, personally, without thinking it needed improvement *shrug* :)

...Des goto hell...

The word is also fuck the triads Yakuza <3

Also you hurt my feelings by not putting BGDs[Black Gangsta Disciples] and(even though they are oppositions) VLs[Vice Lords]. It's not all Crips and Bloods ya know.

He looks like something i saw off Carlos Mancia:Mind of Mancia. Did you watch the episode where he teaches how to drive-by by any chance?

Lol you guys are crazy. Green kills all believe that. But yeah on the armband you should make the lighting a little darker. It has this weird tron glow to it. Anyways its not bad for a first attempt. But just fix those things and it'll look pretty good. Enjoi

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.