Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help

question one: can you make a item have more then one use?
e.g. can i have a Salvage kit that has 5 uses then disappers?

question two: How(if at all)can i make it so u can use a item on a item?
e.g. could i use the salvage kit on iron long sword? <----i could event the rest, just need to get this far....i thinks

i posted this here because i think i need a script...if not feel free to tell me im dumb and where this post should be

Answer 1: Set up a common event that watches a variable assigned to the item. So if you have a "Twinkie Cannon" that fires up to 5 Twinkies then when you buy the cannon the shop has a common event that adds 5 to the Twinkie Cannon's variable. Each time you use the Twinkie Cannon have it activate a common event to subtract 1 from the variable. When the variable reaches 0 it removes the Twinkie Cannon from the inventory.

Answer 2: Have a conditional branch check your inventory for the "tool" item, if it's there, the desired action can be done, if it isn't the action isn't done.

No scripting needed.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.