Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

help SKILL rune type shop/limit system

i dont know if this can work using event,(havent tried yet)

any way what i simply want is that, err how to explain this

ok in suikoden game there is a rune shop, on which you can buy runes, on those runes you have a set of magics this is how it goes

fire - 4 skills
wind - 4 skills
earth - 4 skills
water - 4 skills
lightning - 4 skills

when you buy a rune it says imbue then you are equip with the rune, lets put it on shield, so it would be good with the game im making hehe, and it cant be removed unless you asked the npc to removed it again, when buying and removing it cost a bit =), and one more factor a certain character cant put a rune on if his/her int. is low

ok what i want

your basic rune shop
you can make your own custom runes :) with only a set of four skills
the intelegence limit thing ^^ (fire rune = fire1,fire2,fire3,fire4 = int(32)) something like this :)

OPTIONAL

oh and one more thing i also want to include this rune thing system

say

fire1 = if int it < 10 then max number of use = 4 else = 6
fire2 = if int it < 20 then max number of use = 0 else = 4
fire3 = if int it < 30 then max number of use = 0 else = 2
fire4 =if int it < 40 then max number of use = 0 else = 1

this would realy help a lot in many stuff, gameplay strategy ^^ 8-)

tnx so much to anyone who is willing to help me

sarana

You could make skills as items and use a forging script to create new runes. When a character is equipped with the rune, you add a new skill and a conditional branch checks wheter his int is high enough for him to equip it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.