Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hello! Battle System?

Hi all! I looked for about 8-10 hours yesterday for a battle script yesterday that was easy to use and required no animated battlers - and I found nothing. I was hoping one of you could help me out.
I found a sideview battle script here: http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=13724
When I tried it, my main character kept running in place (and I did make sure all the files were the same name like they said, and it still didn't work).

I have your typical RPG, where a huge black mass sits over the planet, and all the creatures are spawned from its darkness. I don't really know any good examples of games like this. I was kind of thinking of having a battle system like Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (where their names are below the screen, and the commands are above) - but I can't find anything like that anywhere. If not that, perhaps an old-school Final Fantasy game with an ATB system so it's more fun.

51VV1EisFtL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is from Lunar (I hope it works).

I am using Ccoa's UMS
A monster album script by El Conductor
And a battle result window script

Thanks to anyone who can help me in advance! XD

Atoa

@Redscarf
Did you read the whole instatation instructions and the Compatibilities Issues?
It's not an "copy and paste" script, it needs some adjustments do work properly.

I did read the instatation instructions and the compatibilities issues - but I don't really know how or what to do. I kind of wanted a "copy and paste" battle system script, because it would seem easiest for me to use.

My game seems pretty dull right now because of things like the default battle system and menu screen, so thus I haven't really been working on it. If it seems boring to even me, who else would play it.

So it's kind of important to me to figure this out. O.o

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.