Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Heat Haze?

Kraft

Sponsor

Is there anything like this already made?

Basically, you know when you are in a desert, there is usually a heat haze?

Could someone make a script that makes this, with different levels of intensity?

-----

And on a different but similiar note, you know when you look at a torch or something, you will see a kinda heat haze around the flame? It kinda makes whatever is behind the flames shimmer?
Could someone script something like that for use on fires and torches on the maps?

Thanks!

~Kraft

I've considered this before. It's one thing I couldn't make a fog do. I don't know if would be that easy to script either though. I guess you could use the new blurring script as a base... I don't know what I'm rambling on about...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.