Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Harvest Moon SDK

Okay, okay, first let me start off by saying that this is a rather... different type of script request. I want someone to recreate the Harvest Moon engine, but in an SDK form. I know this seems like a big project (and it is) but... I've already started! I am by no means a pro scripter. I'm more around... above average, but I have already laid some groundwork that others can build upon or use for a bases of there own.

I have NO idea where this should go. Its kind of me submitting my script, yet at the same time I'm requesting that someone continue it. Okay, details about the farming system:

On your farm (and certain areas) there are certain pieces of dirt that you can "till" with your tools making it fertile for planting seeds. Seeds are planted in a 3 x 3 grid and require to be watered by a watering can to grow. Once a seed has fully grown into a plant you can harvest it and do multiple things with it. You can put it in your rucksack, ship it off for money, eat it, or give it to someone as a gift. There are other things you can use it for but those are the main things.

Next is the litter that sometimes... litters the special dirt where you can grow plant. There are three basic types: weed, lumber, and stone. Weeds can be picked up and thrown down again to be disposed of, or they can be thrown into bodies of water. They can also be destroyed using your sickle. Lumber requires an axe to chop it and the lumber is then added to a pile you can use for various purposes. Stones can be broken by the hammer and like the wood cut by the axe, it can be used for various purposes.

Next I'll go into tools. There are 6 basic tools: hoe (used to till soil), sickle (used to cut weeds and sprouted seeds), hammer (used to break stones and untills soil), axe (used to cut lumber), watering can (used to water seeds), and fishing pole (used to fish). Using each tool enough allows it to be "upgraded" using special ore. The basic ore are: bronze, silver, gold, and mythril. Ore can be found in mines inside rocks that are destroyed by your hammer.

Next is mining. Inside the mines are rocks that you break and inside you find certain ore. You can sell ore for money, give it as gifts, and certain ore can be used to upgrade your tools. With your hoe, you can till the ground and find certain weeds that affects your hunger, stamina, and fatigue. Sometimes you'll find a set of stairs that leads you deeper into the mines where you can find rarer ore.

Another important part of Harvest Moon is the villagers. Villagers are basically NPC that you talk to and befriend. You befriend them by talking to them everyday, giving them gifts, and attending festivals. Depending on your friendship level and surroundings, villagers say different things to you. Also, if certain conditions are met you can active special events.

Some villagers you can marry. They have a special "love point" that you can increase by giving them gifts. The levels are separated into 7 colors: grey (stranger), purple (acquaintance), blue (friend), green (good friend), yellow (slight romantic feelings), orange (strong romantic feelings), red (full blown love). When their heart is red, you can finally marry them if your house is big enough, your bed is big enough, and you propose to them with a blue feather.

Villagers that you can marry have rivals for their affection. If you activate certain events, after a four year period (in game time) the person you were pursuing will marry your rival.     

There is A LOT to Harvest Moon that would take up a lot of space to provide, so for further information I suggest this site: Further info on HM

Anyway, here is the link for what I already have: Project Link

Once again, its NOWHERE near done. Still a lot to do but hopefully this will be the first step for SOMEONE to finally re-create a Harvest Moon engine successfully... Uhm... I'm sure there is more I need to say but I can't think of it right now...

Hmm... I guess if you need me to explain some parts of the script you can PM me or something. And credit to the SDK team for SDK version 2.3.

The controls are simple enough if you play around with the project... To equip tools open your item menu, and push action on the tool you want to equip. Though nothing really changes in the menu, the tool is equiped. To use your tool, push Z. To put an item you're holding in your bag, push D. (I think o_o)

Then, to go to the next day, talk to the man standing all by his lonesome. And that should be all...

Lol, hope someone takes on this request...  :thumb:

xBrokenSin":z2ytw0gx said:
I'm very very lazy right now and don't feel like going into details about Harvest Moon farming, but if its necessary I will...

Wrong thing to say if you're asking someone else to do something for you, even if it is just continuing what you already have.

ok i dont know if your still here but i love harvest moon and i am a pretty good scripter i am willing to give it a shot and complete the SDK.... please Email me the script at Unitedgamer@verizon.net i will do my best in completeing the script i do have a question though what language did you start making this in.... i know C++ RUBY some Python and java but i am advanced in C++ so if you didnt start this in C++ i'll have to fix it up.... i may do it in ruby though as it is cleaner and more direct... well anyways i'll should complete it within a few months or longer... just send it my way and i'll give it a go Shikamaru's style....lol

Shikamaru88":3povh3gt said:
ok i dont know if your still here but i love harvest moon and i am a pretty good scripter i am willing to give it a shot and complete the SDK.... please Email me the script at Unitedgamer@verizon.net i will do my best in completeing the script i do have a question though what language did you start making this in.... i know C++ RUBY some Python and java but i am advanced in C++ so if you didnt start this in C++ i'll have to fix it up.... i may do it in ruby though as it is cleaner and more direct... well anyways i'll should complete it within a few months or longer... just send it my way and i'll give it a go Shikamaru's style....lol

Well, since its done in RMXP, its uses RGSS(Ruby). Mm, I posted a link for the project in the main post but I guess you missed it... heres the link again: Link

Glad you're willing to give this a try, even if it just a "Shikamaru" go. Anything is better than nothing. I hope you can make some progress! If you need any help with the script, just send me a PM.  :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.