Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Harvest moon script set request. All scripters (that like harvest moon) plz read!

(I wrote this all in note pad and worked on it for like 20 minutes so... yeah lol, I put alot of work and effort into this request!)

Im sure almost everyone here has atleast one time experienced Harvest Moon. I would like someone to either make, or point me to a Harvest Moon script set. Alright, I'm going to list everything I'll need. I want to, for once, actually finish a project, so plz help me with this lol.
Scripts needed: (I'll have Description for each farther down)
1.Farming script
2.Mining Script
3.Cooking script
4.stamina/fatigue/time/seasons script
5.Marriage system
6.Menu System

Alright, here i go at describing these in as good of detail as possible! lol
-Farming Script-

Heres what it would need to include: Seeds you can plant, When you use a hoe on soft dirt it'll till it, weeds grow in the fields if you don't take care of it, plants have a 1/255 chance of being large (taking up 4 dirt spots instead of only 1), when planting seeds, they fill a 3x3 square around you.
For better detail, all bags of seeds must be equiped to your hand (I'll need a completely remade menu so this right now will see quite confusing) before use. The hoe tills the dirt (but its only 1 square big), but can also be used to get rid of un wanted seeds (can't be past stage one of growth). If you neglect your farm, weeds will start to grow in your field, and you will have to use a sickle to get rid of them. The large plant is basicly like saying its an extremely high quality plant, and there for, will first off, take up 2x2 blocks of land, replacing 3 other of that type in that box area. When you plant seeds, they have up to 5 stages. the seed stage, the first sprout stage, the second sprout (or fully grown) stage, and it goes on like that until 5. Alright, you have to water your seeds/plants until they're fully grown. after about 2 days, the plants go into withering stage, after 4 days, its dead and you have to get rid of it.
-Mining Script-

Alright, its exactly like any other mining. You use the hammer to crush the stones, you have a (depending on the ore) % chance of find an ore (also depending on the floor). Randomly on the map there will be a ladder placement for you goto the next floor. Thats all this script will need to do so, yeah lol.
-Cooking Script-

Ok. The game will have a list of recipe's inside the script. basicly, it should be like this, "Food name" is equal to ingredients (up to 8) + untensil (up to 8). This script should be easily called so i can set it up pretty easily lol.
-Stamina/Fatigue/Time/Seasons Script-

Ok, like it says, stamina and fatigue. You have stamina (which will be the parameter health), and fatigue (which will be the parameter sp). I want a script that when you do work, it drops your stamina. When you stamina hits 0, it starts to increase your fatigue. When it hits 100 (or the value of sp), your character gets to tired to work. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE PASSES OUT! lol. This, unlike all other harvest moons, i dont plan on it being so... strick on these things. You're character after that point just cant use tools until you rest. Along with, you can stay up as long as you want, even for days, up to 3 days. Then, basicly, your character will fall asleep where ever he is standing. The game will be split into 8 months. 2 months per season, 30 days each season. Each season has its own seeds which will be decided by a value in the name. 1 = spring, 2 = summer, 3 = fall 4 = winter. Now, the seasons also affect your stamina. So, in summer, its at max, in winter, you lose 2 times the stamina (4 times if its snowing, 2 times in summer if its raining). The time is split like this, 10 seconds = to 10 minutes of game time. a game day is split into 24 game hours. so you do the math lol. This could probably be split into to different scripts, a time one, and a fatigue and stamina script lol.
-Marriage System-

As it says, its a marriage system. To get a girl to like you, you have to give her preasents, take her on dates and what not. This will add to either one or the other value. The two values are friendship and love. Friendship goes up to the number 255, the love goes up to 65525. Every girl has a certain thing they like. And everyone in town has a friendship value. based on a personality you set up in the begining of the game affects how you get friends.
-New Menu-

Ok, I've got no way to explain this except like this. Its a bar along the bottom of the screen. First 1 is rucksack. its the inventory of your character. You are able to hold 8 tools (which will be in the weapons section of the database if that helps) and items (items section. things like a toy ball and a... pumpkin lol. Next would be farm stats. Basicly, this shows the animals you have (or had in the case that they died), What grade they are (or grade they were), the amount of items you've sold (and if you haven't sold a certain type, they don't apear), The amount of income your family gets, your wifes name and portrait, your wifes happiness, your wifes health, your wifes love for you (these only if you have a wife), how much your dog likes you, how good he is at fetch (it will be a mini game later on), how much your cat (if you get it), turtle, lizard like you (they're all in the same catagory), how much your kid (if you have one) likes you and how happy and healthy he/she is. Next set of stuff is this. Next is options. This is just speed of chat, game controls (2 different sets), and basicly, border style. Next is your farm upgrade list. Basicly, it shows what you have on your farm and what you upgrade. You should be able to have as many farm buildings as you want until your farm reaches its compacity. your house can be upgraded as much as possible basicly. (2 stories tall, and a couple of other stuff). Each farm building can be upgraded. And thats all lol.
Alright, thats all the requests and their details. I hope you all understand everything well. If anyone can make these, plz do, and if anyone knows where they are already made, plz telle me. Thank you all for taking your time to read this. Thanks again.

I could do them in events also lol, but i want the game first, to have low lag (more common events cause serious lag), and also, i want it to be organized. I get very unorganized with common events lol, and im gonna have plenty of things running off of common events. Unless you have a way to make them not lag so much? But, i would much rather prefer a script lol, but if no one else has one, ill take a common event also. Also, I beleive its easier to do the untensils and such using a script. I forgot to say, lol, thanks for the offer though, i apriciate it, atleast someones taking an interest :p

Alright thank you. It'll help alot even if it takes a while because, i, myself, have school and im going to be doing everything (except tilesets) towards graphics. I'll probably start just by ripping the graphics from FoMT, but I dunno. Thanks again for helping.

Eilei

Sponsor

I will make a cooking script; it should be really easy. I have never played Harvest Moon (nor do I care to), so the graphical resemblance might not be there, but I will make that easy to edit on your own.

Actually, if you want, I can give you a very simple run down to it. Its just like this: 8 slots for ingredients, 8 slots for utensils. There should be 14-8 slotted fridge slots, and 1 8 slotted back pack slot. (you'll have to have a fridge before you can actually cook so this shouldnt be all that hard for you to do) But yeah, thats all you need to do, and have something that has to do with like a variable type thing that tells the game if you have the utensil yet or not. Thank you again for doing this :)

Eilei

Sponsor

gorechild;287708 said:
Actually, if you want, I can give you a very simple run down to it. Its just like this: 8 slots for ingredients, 8 slots for utensils. There should be 14-8 slotted fridge slots, and 1 8 slotted back pack slot. (you'll have to have a fridge before you can actually cook so this shouldnt be all that hard for you to do) But yeah, thats all you need to do, and have something that has to do with like a variable type thing that tells the game if you have the utensil yet or not. Thank you again for doing this :)

You'll have to elaborate more about the fridge and the backpack. What's going on with these?

Well I haven't played Harvest Moon a lot but I think he means, the fridge is like a storage system that can only hold food, with 14 rows of 8 slots? And the backpack is like the inventory system in Harvest Moon, so you basically have to choose ingredients and utensils from your backpack and put it in the fridge to cook? Or is there a seperate stove or oven where you put the materials in, I'm not that sure.

Oy, All of this can be done by simple events, MOST of them can. If you want, I can make a short demo to demonstrate, Just Be sure to PM me if you want to know bad enough to send the Demo, I love to play Harvest moon as well so I will give a hand, if your making a Harvest moon Game with RMXP, I'd like a copy of it too.

Eilei

Sponsor

Regimos;288881 said:
Well I haven't played Harvest Moon a lot but I think he means, the fridge is like a storage system that can only hold food, with 14 rows of 8 slots? And the backpack is like the inventory system in Harvest Moon, so you basically have to choose ingredients and utensils from your backpack and put it in the fridge to cook? Or is there a seperate stove or oven where you put the materials in, I'm not that sure.

I don't really want to mess with an inventory system, so I am withdrawing my offer to script this.

Why don't make only the cooking system without a freezer and a backpack.

The backpack is the inventory of the default maker, think in this Elei, remember your potion minigame?.. The HarvestMoon Cooking system works as your Potion minigame.

You select the ingredients (for example 4), if the four ingredients are in the RecipeList module, for example. you obtain a new item. if not, you obtain a failure Item (you can defined that).
When you discovered a new recipe, the new recipe appear in the list of recipes.

In a few words, that way the system works .

I'm not the original requester, but i think, the freezer is a waste of time.

Alright alot of you really dont understand or just arent paying attention. I want it to be almost exactly like harvest moon. I only want scripts because events cause to much lag. Sorry for being so demanding, and i know script making takes a while, but i really would like this game to actually happen lol :p

Lei

Lol I wholey agree... I am developing an idea for a farming system for my game... But it seems that without a script for each square of farm... the events would be phenomaly laggy.

like....

page 1:
when hero has seeds equiped-
place seed
switch one one...
change image to show a "sown" square

page 2:
plant needs to be before seeds grow.
Water seeds.
Switch two on,
switch one off,
Change image to wet soil.

page three.
Set timer.
Player has a cirtain time to water plant or it dies
variable timer for 5 mins,
variable for number of times watered needs to be stored....
conditional branch:
when plant has been watered 5 times, switch 4 on,
switch three off,
change image to show a fully grown crop.

page 4:
hero can now harvest crop
return image to unused square
reset all switches
obtain item "crop" or what ever

Done...
now imagin all of those working together on a 10x10 are of fertile land

I understand that alot of the game will be done in events, and i'll be doing all that. ive decided I can easily do the marriage system my self. But theres some things ,like the backpack, farming, fishing (script would be much easier to put together than common events) and cooking that I would rather have scripts. Mostly that'll make it easier for me to put the game together and also, it would allow me to not have to error test nearly as much because well, Im sure the person making the script would do that, and also I find scripts more effective. But yeah, I'll accept common events but I cant garenty ill us them.

Edit: and does anyone know an actual anti lag script that actually does just that, anti lag? all the ones ive found have caused more lag...

Edit2: and actually, for doing an event for farming wouldnt be all that hard. seeing how theres a single block where to sow seeds (unless your doing it original hm style wheres its 3x3), all you need is this:

Conditional Branch: If variable 1: X = E (the placement of the tile on the map x)
Conditional Branch: If variable 2: Y = D (the placement of the tile on the map y)
Conditional Branch: Seed is equip
Variable Action: Variable _ = 1 (Variables are much easier to organize and make go through stages)

Now to get those 2 values, you would take the varaible action set variable 1 to main x and variable 2 to main y position. That should work. lol sorry for explaining all this...

Edit... 3: Lol sorry, i forgot, *Conditional Branch: Button X is pressed. Thats alot of work... you would also need way more than just those simple event switches and such, but thats basicly how you would do it.

That would be great. Im sure eventually here soon someone will be able to, but when they do, All i want is the icon to be shown, it wont have any words on them. on the bottom of the screen there should be another window with the name of the item and them the description set up like this.

Item Name
Descript

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.