Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Handling Events in the Script Editor + Modules

Ok, I am creating this crazy scene where you can harvest crops and such, and I can certainly do this through events. The only problem is that the event code is way too long for any user to possible comprehend and we all know that without the users understanding of how the script works, the script if pretty mush useless. I need to write script in the script editor to execute event like attributes, but am unsure how to do the following things in the script editor:
  1. Change the graphic of a certain event (like Event 001), and also being able to control the way the graphic faces (like if I had a characterset with each tile being a different item, so I would need to get the 3rd item in the second row)
  2. Create a battle animation on a certain event (like a sword animation on Event 001)
  3. Change the tint, like going from day to night
  4. Add a "wait" time
  5. Add a message
Any help with these topics would be most appreciated, and most definitely worthy of a rightful place in my "thanks to" portion.

Oh and one final thing, could someone explain to me how modules work and some example code or something?

Events are actually script objects. (RPG::Event). The event codes are parameter arrays which are interpreted by the Interpreter object. Why not take a look at them? The RPG::Event and subclasses are in the help file and the Interpreter class is in the script editor.

I have looked through that class and came up empty. I am looking for example code which can carry out event calls from a $Scene.methodName. I only want to have a single, maybe double, line of code in the actual call scripts. If you could provide examples, it would be most helpful.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.