Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

H.A.S.E.I.R.K.

Here. Are. Some. Events. Instead. of Ruby. Kit.

Hey, I'm ShadowExile aka. Outcast aka. Shadowcop aka. The ruby scripts worst nightmare.
We all know that with one ruby scrip it improves your game, gives features we all want and the feel we can ALL have. However when you have 2 scripts that REFUSE to work regardless of WHAT you do, you have no choice but to remove one or the other. I have worked with events since I discovered RPG maker 2000, I have found some tricks and tips on how to make your own battle system, door system, dating, Hero Outcome system, the WHOLE THING. I have a topic called ShadowExile's Grab Bags, This topic is a Updated Version of it. THIS one is for RPG Makers VX and XP

Ok, setting up a ABS in VX IS NOT HARD.

It should look like this.
ABS.png

This only takes 2 CONDITIONAL BRANCH'S

Heart-
The commands in the heart is some variable work with this conditional branch.
It tells RMVX that if Space Bar is pressed right in front of it. It will subtract life from the monster and have it
back away for it to defend itself. Which is a good thing in some way, this way theres more time to plan a next
move and plan another attack with a spell, or item.
The Branch beneath the heart bracket is a limiter, if Monster life is 0 or lower. it dies.

Spade-
This is an ELSE statement to the first branch of this page. It says if you don't press C in front of it,
you get hurt and have a chance to counter attack or run.

Diamond-
MUST BE EVENT TOUCH ALWAYS OTHERWISE THIS WILL NOT WORK!!! (No damage given to player.)

Club-
Make a second blank page with no sprite and turns on with a switch prior to the one underneath the heart bracket.
The monster is dead and is gone and can repawned this way if you like on the second page with some event work. You want a lazier way, just put in Erase Event instead of the switch turning on under the Heart Bracket.

You may wanna download the pic for a closer look.

I am working on a ABS event setup party Attack thing to see if it truly works. Need more Substitution for scripts than just this SIMPLE combat system? Send a PM or Post a request. THIS FIRST POST IS THE ONLY POST WHERE YOU'LL FIND UPDATES, so you won't have to scroll throughout the whole creation reading for it. I'm accepting requests now!

Work in progress.
I have problems with the beta idea version of this, working on it though.
RMXP ver.: Working on it
RMVX ver.:Will be ready after RMXP.

Nachos

Sponsor

so this topic just tells you how to Make a conditional branch in order to decrease a player's health?

could have made it MUCH simplier. BTW, the systme is awfully basic

no it doesn't.

Second, this is as basic as the whole thing gets, unless you have something simpler that doesn't involve common events and 30 dozen variable's.

You want something more complex? I can give a more complex ABS system.

Hmm. Battle systems built like that would make for extremely glitched and boring gameplay. First of all, setting the event to player touch is a very bad idea. Because that would mean the player would have to get attacked to attack himself. Unless you have lightning fast reflexes to attack, then move back. So yeah, not a good idea.

Zeriab

Sponsor

You can just go into the enemy with Enter pressed down. If you don't hold Enter pressed you are hurt.
I would say the battle system is too simple. I would consider than boring, but maybe you can put it in a context where it's fun. I dunno.

Heart-
The commands in the heart is some variable work with this conditional branch.
It tells RMVX that if Space Bar is pressed right in front of it. It will subtract life from the monster and have it
back away for it to defend itself. Which is a good thing in some way, this way theres more time to plan a next
move and plan another attack with a spell, or item.
The Branch beneath the heart bracket is a limiter, if Monster life is 0 or lower. it dies.
The monster dies only if Monster life is 0. Not if it is lower than 0. Since you decrementing the life variable with 5 each time there is the potential pit fall of the monster not dying when Life is under 0. More precisely if Life is not divisible by 5 then you hit that pitfall. The solution is simply to check if Life is Less than or equal to 0 rather than just Equal to.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.