Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

Multi-Slot Equipment Script
Version: 6.2.2
by Guillaume777
(February 14, 2006)
not DerVVulfman

Introduction
Do you want :
To equip more than one weapon ?
To attack once with each weapon you have equiped ?
To equip new armor types beyond shield, helmet, armor and amulet ?
To equip 2 handed weapons, which either take your shield or weapon slot ?
To customize your slots and slot name so no character is alike ?

If so then I highly suggest you try my multi-equipment script. It is very powerful and adds a lot of features to the equipment screen. Download my demo for quick try :D

The Multi-Slot script has gone through a number of changes since it's original incarnation.  The inclusion of cursed weapons... RTAB compatability... SKD 1.3 compatability (possibly still?)...  multiple strike weapons.

Here, you will find what is possibly the last version of Guillaume777's great work.

Features
  • Can go beyond the default five equipment slots
  • Can wield multiple weapons (demo shows 4 weapon slots possible!)
  • Can add 'Cursed' (unremovable) armors and weapons
  • Can make two-handed weapons
  • Can make weapons that deliver multiple strikes
  • Can set up off-hand weapon values
  • Can rename your equipment slots to your choosing
  • Can display the enhanced list in your Status window
  • Can show 1 more actor parameter (evade), assuming you've created it already

Screenshots
http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/ ... i-Slot.PNG[/img]
Well, a pic of Gloria's equipment going BEYOND the normal 5 items.

Demo
You got one right HERE!

Script
This script has been formatted to more-closely match the standard formatting of RGSS scripts in RPGMaker XP.  At no point has any of Guillaume777's functions been removed.

NOTE:  The EVADE switch in the configuration section assumes that you've created an additional parameter (strength/dexterity/etc) which you want to have displayed in the status window.  If you have not created this additional parameter yourself, or are not using a script that adds an 8th parameter, then turning this switch to 'true' will give you an error.

My bad. I tried to fix up the tags, and due to the current post size limitations, all 4 scripts will no longer fit in one post.
Please download the DEMO for the scripts, or look further ahead in this thread for updates. - Brew

Will this work with the Animation system, the non alpha one when you have 2 weapons the attacker walks up hits walks back then walks up and hits agian.

Neonyo: C'mon man! 'Course it still does that. It's nothing wrong with Anim Battlers OR this script. Just that they handle attacks their own way. Mentioned that in the Compatability section too... :D I just assume Anim. Battlers not dual-wield for a time :S , and use the Multi-Attack(default by Trickster) or Combined Attacking(rtab by cogwheel) for attacks with multiple strikes.

Maybe... ug... a PATCH for Anim to detect and handle multiple strikes???

Dunno how I'm gonna figure THAT one out.

Nice!
I couldn't figure out how to do some things with this...
The demo explains some of them...

Gotta go make a character that has 8 weapon slots....

...wait.
There's still something I don't understand...

How would one go about changing the Status Menu so that it shows those other equipment slots?

It's kind of silly to have 2 weapon slots, and only the first one shows up on the Status screen. And the extra slots don't show up either.

I remember a part of the script had some part that seemed to say there was something that would automatically adjust the Status menu if something was set to True, but it didn't seem to work.

Is there any simple (or hard...) way to do this?

...wait, something else I noticed...something that cause the Demo to close.

I gave Arshes a Cursed Sword (either one), and then clicked on his second weapon slot, and it brought up this message:

Script 'Multi-slot script : Actor' line 173: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method `nb_hands' for nil:NilClass

What's up with that?

Ok this time i thought this question through, not sure how to do it. I wanna use the 2 handed weapon thing say a rifle for EX but i do not want them to use a shield of course, but I can not do that without putting in 2 weapon slots, then that just leaves it open for duel wield which i do not want. Any ideas how to solve this?

@DerVVulfman:
Could you explain to me what does this script differ from v6.2 besides that fix? I have heavily edited the script and lost where I edited it >.< if it doesn't differ too far, I'll leave it to v6.2 then...

@Neonyo:
I don't really understand what you mean, but I assume this case: I have 2 weapon slots and 1 shield slot. When I am equipping a 2-handed weapon, I should NOT be able to equip a shield.

Just set SHIELD_HAND_WIELD = false or WEAPON_SHIELD_SHARE = true, depending on your needs. See the comments on the script for more information.

I am using RTAB so I do not want have two weapon slots just 1 and a shield. But I wanna be able to equip a 2 handed weapon using this layout. But it will not let me unless I have 2 weapon slots. Understand?

You could list sheilds as offhand weapons. You'd have some work to do to get statuses and increase evasion, but that would be easily done through battle events

Neonyo said:
I am using RTAB so I do not want have two weapon slots just 1 and a shield. But I wanna be able to equip a 2 handed weapon using this layout. But it will not let me unless I have 2 weapon slots. Understand?

Set it so you have one weapon slot. Under the section where you can set the behaviour, fix it so you have the following options:

Code:
#=============Set multi-weapon behavior=======================================
 IGNORE_OFFHAND = false #ignore off_hand support 
 TWOHANDED_IN_OFFHAND = true #if false don't show two handed weapon in offhand
                                 #window
 ALL_WEAPONS_FOR_SKILLS = true #true = combined power of all weapons for skills 
                               #false = only power of first weapon
 SHIELD_HAND_SLOT = 1 #slot number to be used for shield hand
 WEAPON_SHIELD_SHARE = false #if true, dont use shield and second weap at same time
 SHIELD_HAND_WIELD = true#true = allow to use shield hand for two handed weapon
 WEAPON_HAND_WIELD = true #true = allow to use weapon hand for two handed weapon
 MULTI_WEAPONS_PENALITY = 0 #percent of atk
                            #that will be substracted if you use two weap

You want SHIELD_HAND_SLOT, WEAPON_SHIELD_SHARE, SHIELD_HAND_WIELD, and WEAPON_HAND_WIELD.
I've got a similar setup in my game and it works, so you ought to be able to use this setup on yours as well, I guess.

I'm going to take some time and compare this with the script I already have. I'm not certain, since I changed my battle algorithms to eliminate ATK altogether, but I might have the fixed version, or at least a later bugfix if not the actual fixed one.

You should add this to the compatibility section

Compatibility":cg8b9lr7 said:
May be Incompatible with scripts that has anything to do with the actor's equipment

For example (off the top of my head) there may/will be problems with: My Ip Skills Script, My Advanced Battle Commands, My Conditional and Combo Skills, My Steal Script (A Bug?), Seph's Materia Script, Seph's Equipment Skills...

But, in my opinion, I believe that this script could have been coded better (aside from the fact the script available is not properly indented) (following equipment naming conventions @armor5_id, @weapon2_id, etc.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.