Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Graphic testing thingy

Nothing much, but seeing as I havn't even so much as opened Photoshop in over 5 months. I trying to get back into it. So I'm posting everything I do while I try to get myself back into it here. I'd like suggestions on what I need and all if anyone has something.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9361/siggykun3nc.gif[/IMG]
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3271/goth5xz.gif[/IMG]

I will be posting more as I make them.

Once I get use to the basic Sigs, I'll start working on pixels again...

PS: Just so people don't go wondering "Why have you not been useing Photoshop for so long?" Well there's one simple Awnser, I discovered World of Warcraft. ^^;

Wow pretty good stuff you got here. It seems you know you're way around with Photoshop. I really like the signature things I'm guessing they are alot. They're dark and mysterious. Very cool. The sprite. whil its good I think it needs mor shading on the pants. Look very pillow-shaded to me. But other than that these are very good. I like them. Makes me want to make something like these in Photoshop. Lol Enjoi

M.Sam said:
Wow pretty good stuff you got here. It seems you know you're way around with Photoshop. I really like the signature things I'm guessing they are alot. They're dark and mysterious. Very cool. The sprite. whil its good I think it needs mor shading on the pants. Look very pillow-shaded to me. But other than that these are very good. I like them. Makes me want to make something like these in Photoshop. Lol Enjoi
Well thanks, and I just remembered that It's been longer than 5 months, more like 8 months.

Anonymous

You can't see any shading at all on that sprite. If you are using some, then you really need to add more contrast to your palette. Black does not have to be solid black.

ccoa said:
You can't see any shading at all on that sprite. If you are using some, then you really need to add more contrast to your palette. Black does not have to be solid black.
Alright, I add some more...

EDIT: Wait, which sprite did you mean? 0.o

All of them I'd guess. None of them have good contrast. Also, you don't want pure black. You want warm or cool black, pure black is silly.

Andy6000 said:
All of them I'd guess. None of them have good contrast. Also, you don't want pure black. You want warm or cool black, pure black is silly.

Wrong! Pure black is grim and kvlt, and infinitely desired by all who wish to wield the power cosmic.

I've always used Pure Black for outlines...
And then move on to other colours (ex. If the sprite is black, make a different shade of black).

Other than the shading and black, They are cool.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.