Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Goodbye RRR

We might have had our differences in the past but since the very beginning, RPG RPG Revolution have been our worthy rivals. Shortly after passing their 10th birthday, for which they featured in ARPGM, it appears the owners have pulled the plug rather ungracefully, removing the database first and then reverting the site to merely a landing page of theirs, with no warning and no apology or word. To be expected of an ad company I suppose. It does mean that a huge part of RPG Maker history, and a great deal of members' content, has now been lost for good.

So I'd like to say a thank you for keeping things interesting over the years, and a goodbye, unless by some miracle it returns.

RRR is the site that led me to here. And for that I have a lot to thank it for. I speak to my current friends because that site led me to them. I had a great welcome there and I wish that place had more for me to engage with. However, I'm a procrastinator. Therefore no regular content to upload and was not suited for it.

It's a shame it's just been pulled. That sounds an unfair end for any site.
So I guess... G'bye RRR

I shall hold a vigil in their honor. If you would like to attend, it will be held on July 1st, 2031, just north of the main landing at Tristan da Cunha.

But yes. This is tragic.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Very interesting. Oh, well. That was the 1st RPG maker forum I started at. Yeah, it wasn't this place. Shocking fact huh?

Strict Strict Strict... Now instant Oblivion for all eternity... I didn't expect RRR to have that fate, but I was hoping another place would. Some place far far away that's remote, stagnant, and accepting failure. They know who they are. Anyway, very interesting news here. Hmmm, clever.

It was strict but in a way that kept it structured and organised, so useful as an archive... which it if course isn't now.

If I had money I'd offer to buy the database off them. God knows what they'd want for it though.

Lol iEntry just marks something with an inevitable death before time, unlike #RRR ours wasn't closed down, it was caused by external interference and the server basically shat itself and died, I half suspect one of those pooped bums at the office spilt a bit of coffee into our server on accident, they had more to lose out of it than we did financially!

A stable yearly revenue of 10 grand, gone.

Also we got a new host, thanks to OmegasVII and Crow, this is a thing.

RRR and VX.net were some of my fav sites. Sadly both are gone. No more days of nostalgia for me. RPGarden, where Biz linked, is the VX.net. Come join if you're not too shy! :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.