Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Golden Sun Djinn Menu

Could anyone make the Golden Sun Djinn menu for me? I'm sure this would be no easy task, but it would be really cool.

For those of you who don't what it is...It's basically a menu, where you can equip creatures to your party members called Djinn. Djinn come in 4 elements. Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth. Depending on how many Djinn your character has equiped, and of what elements, the characters skills and class will change. For example:

Issacs:
1 earh, 6 wind----Class changes to Guardian, and he learns, Cutting Edge, Thorn, Briar, Ply, Ply Well, Wish, Wish Well, Revive, Cure Poison, Restore, Break, Avoid.

Here's a link to site containing all classes and Djinn combos:http://goldensun.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/gs/classes.php

Here's a picture of the menu:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/cd/GoldenSunDjinnScreen.png[/img]

Here's another, but this is the status screen
http://goldensun.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/ ... tydown.gif[/img]

I'm not going to give my hopes up, because this is a difficult request, but it would be extremely awsome, and I'm sure other people could use it for other purposes too.

~Thanks in advance  :thumb:

Well, I have played the Golden Sun games and I must admit, they are quite fun. As far as scripting this, I have NEVER created any new scenes (in this case we would need a Scene_Djinn) nor have I created any Windows, BUT I am in the process of learning. I will try my darndest to make this up for ya, but if somebody else is looking at it, it would probably be best if they took on this request as it might take me a loooooong time to fulfill it as I would be learning and writing at the same time. So, this is a semi-yes for taking it on. Sorry I'm not more skilled =\. Best wishes.

--Scarecrow580

I would take this offer, because I love the Golden Sun series. The only problem is that this is a massive request. You may be asking for the djinn menu, but you'll also need it to work with a custom battle system, a custom menu system, and many other things, include custom mana and the pushable blocks. Honestly, you may not realize it, but those blocks have to be specially scripted so that they can be pushed only within a certain area, jumped on, pushed from one level to another, and more. I mean, that takes so much more scripting than most people realize, as well as the likelyhood of a lot of events to make it work.

I would take this offer, because I love the Golden Sun series. The only problem is that this is a massive request. You may be asking for the djinn menu, but you'll also need it to work with a custom battle system, a custom menu system, and many other things, include custom mana and the pushable blocks. Honestly, you may not realize it, but those blocks have to be specially scripted so that they can be pushed only within a certain area, jumped on, pushed from one level to another, and more. I mean, that takes so much more scripting than most people realize, as well as the likelyhood of a lot of events to make it work.
I figured it would be really complicated just because all the things that need to accounted for, but couldn't you just make a sub-menu(Scene_Djinn) like scarecrow580 said? I know you'de need a script for the class and skill changing used from the Djinn, and then for the menu, but I'm not sure how that would fall into a custom menu system and battle system needing to be added. Nvm...i can see now why you'de need both of those...Hhmmm...Is there any simple answer to this? What if you only made it "semi-like" the Golden Sun Djinn menu. For example, you could just have it so that there's an extra menu where you can equip Djiin(Anything really, summons, spirits, relics, whatever) so that they just give you the class change and skills, and that's it. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would still be cool. 

Excuse my ignorance. Just making suggestions is all.

That's actually more of what I was thinking, is just making it so your class and skills would change as you equipped the Djinn. I had planned on doing that and creating the new menu command to equip the Djinn, but I hadn't really anticipated everything else (ie. the pushing blocks and such). I doubt I would be able to script all that in, but it seems half-way possible for me to just alter your class, skills, and stats based on the Djinn equipped. Alas, I apologize if I did not understand well enough. Do you want the whole system (with pushing blocks for puzzles through skills, etc. which I doubt I can do) or is the half-way system usable (ie stats, class, and skills change based on Djinn equipped which might be possible for me to do)?

I think it would be cool if you just did it half way. I mean...the puzzles and what not would be cool, but it's not necessary. I was originally going to use this for a Golden Sun fangame, lol, but really...this can used for many things. Scarecrow580, if your really serious about taking my offer up, if you complete it, I would release it to people of rmxp.org in a thread too. I'm sure many could find this to be a cool feature, considering nobody's ever done it, or at least, nobody I know of. I'm sure it would give you much attention, and glory.  :lol: No, but seriously, I'm sure others would be thankful of this too.

The only last note i can really give you is, if your making this it's own awsomness menu and all, consider making it look really cool and fancy. Maby something like Mogs menues. His are always wicked cool. Or perhaps you could release it in versions or something. Just giving suggestions is all.

Good luck and thank you.  :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.