Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Gather multiple items to complete a quest script [RESOLVED]

Script Title:
I know the script exists... But i can't really name it....

RMXP or RMVX:
Both... I think... No need for a both supporting script...

Detailed Description:
This will make you understand better...
You know when you play mmorpg games and there is quests like "Gather 5 Letters".
I doesn't know if its possible to make without a script... But i can't see how...

Screen shots:
Umm... Imagine playing Guild Wars or WoW while reading the "Detailed Description".

Searches:

I tried searching multiple times, Heres the keywords i searched for: Multiple, Items, Quest, Mutltiple Items Quest, Gather Items, Quest

I hope i did this right...

That's really easy to do without a script. Just create a variable for the quest items and have it increase by one every time you get a quest item. Then have the quest be complete after the variable gets to the number of items you need to complete the quest.

The_Moogleking":2l2ihkxi said:
That's really easy to do without a script. Just create a variable for the quest items and have it increase by one every time you get a quest item. Then have the quest be complete after the variable gets to the number of items you need to complete the quest.

Thank you :)

Another option I used a few times would be make if/then statements relying on when the item is in your inventory or not(make special quest items in your database). It's a little bit longer than variables but it works too.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.