Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Gameover Script and Battle System

Cerone

Heya :3 first of all, I'm new here, so please don't be too rude to me ^^''''

I just wanted to ask if anybody could help me.
I'm searching for a simple side view battle system (something like the battle system in 2k3)
A proper instruction how to install the script would be nice, since I'm a total noob at scripting xD Thanks in advance :3

Secondly I wanted to ask if there were any possibility that, when you loose (Game Over) you get asked if you want to continue, and when you choose yes, that your group gets transported to the entrance of a dungeon (for example). Would be great if anybody knew how to do that :3 Thanks in advance again x3

Ck

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68109&hilit=super+simple+sideview

Assuming you only lose when you are defeated in battle, and that you are using event based battles. (Not random battles)
You can accomplish the 2nd item with your events. Set the Battle command to "Continue even when lose" (something like that),
Then in the "WHen Lose" section, add your choice & transfer commands.

I'm not looking at RMXP now, so you may have to poke around a bit. If you can't find it, let me know & I'll be more specific when I can run the program.

Be Well

brew's side fiew he posted you should work fine and about the eventing your battle choose

Battle Processing (page 3 on the options)
when chosing the troopes after the first clicck check(tick) the check box that says "Continue even when loser" you can also choose to let people escae form battle there with the other check(tick) box

then it will make the battle prossessing thing have a If win option and a If lose option.
for it to be like a normal battle win leave the if win blank unless you waned to give a spechal item etc or whatever.

but in the If lose option part use the Transfer Player(page 2 on the options) and set the player's transfer location to the start of your dungeon.

Cerone

thank you very much for your help :3 i'll test your battle system now, Brewmeister ^-^ thanks for that, too

Edit: okay uhm...where do I paste the script into, Brewmeister?

Cerone

okay, thanx :D

Edit: and how do I change the position of my characters? I mean, you can only see the legs of my first character, the rest is off-screen...i tried changing the y-coordinates in the script but it didn't affect the position...sorry to bother you so much ^^'

def screen_y
return self.index * 45 + 175
end

index is the character position in the party, so this makes the first character (0) 175 pixels from the top
2nd character (1) would be at 220.

To increase the spacing, increase the 45
To move everyone down, increase the 175

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.