Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Game options

I dunno how difficult this would be but this is it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/dudemaster/options.png[/IMG]

Basically, there is a file called "options.exe". In this file are several er... options :) for the game.

These options are saved in a notepad file with an RGSS script in it.

"Autoload server" changes AUTOLOAD to true if checked, false else. By default this is false.

The drop down box below it contains the list found in a text file at .\files\options\txt.txt . When you choose one it sets AUTOLOAD_SERVER to the name of the server, in quotation marks. So for Bermuda it would change it to "Bermuda". For Ethereal, "Ethereal", and so on. Please don't steal my server names!

SCREEN_STYLE changes to 1 if the first box is checked, 2 if the second. Only one box can be checked at a time. Default is 2.

For chat mode, it changes CHAT_DISABLED to true if checked, false else. Default is false.

For chat censoring it changes CHAT_CENSORED to true or false. Default is true.

Another useful thing would be er... how can I get the game to then read the script file? :)

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.