Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fun in the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I love dark, cold places....and since I can't move into a freezer...maybe I should move to Alaska.

Photo looks pertty ccoa. Have fun while you still can, just watch out for the eskimos. :O

Nice ccoa...mind if I use that photo for my RMXP game? XD...it would be PERFECT!!!!

Also, hope everything is good for you on the cruise...one person I know who deserves it is you

Gloomy. Looks like a storm, or night time is coming.

@sketch: you deserve a vacation too, along with Dz and definitely SephirothSpawn

$t3v0 said:
Ccoa, if you took that picture...my hats off to you for object placement and lighting.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

~ $t3v0
Couldn't agree more. However I think the outlying cruise liner is a bit of a blotch (perhaps just my opinion though).

Hm, good thing I found this. I'm so terrible at keeping tabs on where people are. Here's to hoping Ccoa's having more fun than anyone here has had in their lives!

Anonymous

Well, I'm back, but a little jetlagged, so don't expect much until tomorrow or so. Alaska was amazing, and the perfect place to be the last few weeks, given what the weather reports have been saying. :P Give me a week or two to organize, crop, enhance, etc. the photos, and I'll post some more.

Also, a note to anyone who sent me a PM about an account, thread, or other help. I have deleted all PMs that are not from friends or staff, because I'm assuming your problem was fixed by someone else in the last 3 weeks. If not, please resend your PM.

@$t3v0 - Yes, I took that picture. ^_^ I'm rather pleased with it myself.

@Sketch - You're welcome to use it, and any others I have of the cruiseship. ;) Also, if you want to know anything about how cruising works, just give me a shout.

@Wings - the Alaskan coast is actually a temporate rain forest, so I don't think it'd suit if you're looking for really cold, or dry. Temperatures in the summer are high 60s to low 80s, winter temperatures are 20-30s. However, interior Alaska might suit you - Fairbanks gets to -60 regularly in the winter, although it is quite warm (80s and 90s) in the summer. Anchorage is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than Fairbanks. The Denali area is about perfect, if you ask me.

@Twar3Draconis - Yeah, I got up at 6am to get on the first tender ashore just to photograph the island without people always in the way. Sadly, that made the early photos dark from the overcast sky (it cleared up later, amazingly).

@Everyone Else - Thank you for the well wishes. I had a wonderful time, no doubt in part to your positive thoughts. ;)

ccoa":b3k339a1 said:
@Wings - the Alaskan coast is actually a temporate rain forest, so I don't think it'd suit if you're looking for really cold, or dry. Temperatures in the summer are high 60s to low 80s, winter temperatures are 20-30s. However, interior Alaska might suit you - Fairbanks gets to -60 regularly in the winter, although it is quite warm (80s and 90s) in the summer. Anchorage is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than Fairbanks. The Denali area is about perfect, if you ask me.
I am actually seriously thinking about moving to Alaska now...thanks ccoa :) However I checked weather.com and looked at the averages for the months, it the hottest it has gotten in Fairbanks so far this year was 79. The humidity really kills it though.

Plus there is a house I'm looking at up there in the N. Fairbanks area. ;)

Anonymous

Just be aware that there is only 4 hours of daylight midwinter, and 4 hours of darkness midsummer. Summer is wonderful, with long days, midnight activities, and Denali with its hiking and camping, and Kenai with its fishing, rock climbing, and boating. Plus, you can hardly turn around without seeing wildlife everywhere. But winter is a recipe for SAD - bring a happy light. :P

Erk

ccoa said:
Just be aware that there is only 4 hours of daylight midwinter, and 4 hours of darkness midsummer. Summer is wonderful, with long days, midnight activities, and Denali with its hiking and camping, and Kenai with its fishing, rock climbing, and boating. Plus, you can hardly turn around without seeing wildlife everywhere. But winter is a recipe for SAD - bring a happy light. :P
Depending on how far north you go, there may be no daylight/night at all. In Dawson City (yukon) there are two weeks at either end where the sun never sets/rises. It is eery coming outside at 2 am and having no way of knowing it isn't noon.

Welcome back chief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.