Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Force Action for >4 party members?

Hi there, I have recently added a script which allows more than four members in the party. Since I am not much of a scripter, the way I try to make my skills "unique" is by using common events. Some of these events use the "Force Action" command extensively. This works very well for me except when I try to access the fifth party member, which is impossible through eventing, because the event command only provides for the default four party system.

What I would like is a way of calling a script that would allow me to use the force action command on my fifth party member. I found the scripting for the "Force Action" command under the class Interpreter (7) line 144 (command_339). I tried tampering it with no success. I think I understand a bit of how it works, but I'm entirely confused as to what variable relates to selecting party member; I tried looking for what the command "iterate_battler" means, but looking for it via google I found sites in different languages, and apparently the tutorial that descirbes "iterators" is lost.

Help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.