Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

First record / single / album

What was the first solid piece of music you ever bought?

If you're itunes generation, the first music you downloaded that you paid for.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache (Special Edition), I bought it in HMV at Meadowhall the day it came out, it was my first ever physical album I'd bought.

... Now it's rare that I actually buy physical albums, I mean, I never go out of my way to buy one, but if I'm near a music store while I'm out, I'll pop in and if there's anything I fancy I'll buy it, but I buy just about everything to do with music digitally now, it's just easier and I don't have to waste time ripping them either, lol.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Also, I don't use iTunes since I REALLY dislike Apple (Yeah I'm a hater go cry somewhere), I buy my music from 7digital

I love you Jason! I also hate Apple and all their products. Though most likely different reasons.

I'm gonna be the weird one posting here; I have never bought music. I don't even download music anymore, nor have any. Everything I listen too is either on Youtube or Grooveshark. I never take music with me anywhere. :)

I don't buy individual songs in the digital age; I subscribe to cheap music-share sites (Rhapsody). $10/mo gets me unlimited streaming music. Only a problem if I'm offline (seldom).

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

Mellon collie and the infinte sadness! First,cd ive bought and imo the best album of all time. I personaly still buy cds and own about 50+ cds though about 1/3 of it is smashing pumpkins. Though! I dont go to a.store to buy them i just get it off the internet ie amazon.ca

Michael Jackson - some "best of", 2 tapes. It was around 1997? And I was like 6 or 7 years old.

Then almost nothing and I used to pirate music for long time (both internet and radio-to-tape recording).
It was until I bought:
Tom Waits - Alice
Best album in the world.
Now I'm buying like one CD per month, or more if I found some cheap ones.

BTW I dislike buying music online. It's like paying for torrent download. And it's even worse, because you got only shitty MP3 (at least on Amazon or iTunes).
Nothing beats CD, booklet with lyrics, case etc.
And streaming - oh god, seriously someone is using it?

Also - I didn't buy (or download) single songs. If I like only one song from album - why I should even listen to that crappy band?

First CD I got was Hybrid Theory, Linkin Park, but thinking about it it was copied.. I think the first one I ever actually bought might have been Foo Fighters, One By One, from Play.com when that site was new and trustworthy.

P.S. By itunes generation I didn't mean you use itunes. Itunes started off the whole music download thing bigtime.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Wyatt":34hv2mx6 said:
First CD I got was Hybrid Theory, Linkin Park, but thinking about it it was copied.. I think the first one I ever actually bought might have been Foo Fighters, One By One, from Play.com when that site was new and trustworthy.

P.S. By itunes generation I didn't mean you use itunes. Itunes started off the whole music download thing bigtime.

... As opposed to it not being trustworthy anymore? It's still a good site... it's just... shit, compared to other sites, lol.

LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN

Klaviersonaten
Piano Sonatas
No. 13 op. 27 No. 1
No. 14 op. 27 No. 2
»Mondschein · Moonlight
Clair de Lune · Chiaro di luna«
No. 15 op. 28 »Pastorale«
Maurizio Pollini

4277702.jpg

It's funny that you should ask, cause I remember the moment like it happened just yesterday. I was maybe 14 at the time. I was having trouble playing Beethoven's Mondschein Sonata after practicing for several weeks or months. That day my mother took me downtown after school and we went to a bookstore. I saw the CD and asked her to buy it for me, since it was way expensive (at least for a 14 year old). I listened to that album non stop. I still have the case, but I lost the CD years ago. Pity.

Spoo

Sponsor

I've never bought music in my life :p

First album would have been Lostprophets' Weapons but I couldn't ever find a physical copy of it so yeah. Shinedown's Amaryllis would be a close second.

Quite young, so it was Simple Plan's Still Not Getting Any. After that...honestly, I've been torrenting music. I do occasionally (read: rarely) buy an indie band's stuff just to support them.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.