Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy VIII (8) scipt

Cait

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script or being lead to a current one

Script Title:
Auto payment for a job, exactly like FF8, when they are paid automatically.
RMXP
Detailed Description:
The closest game that has the system that I need is Final Fantasy VIII, and it has that every certain amount of time passes, you get paid.. a certain amount for a certain seed (rank). The higher your rank is the higher you get paid. That's what I need.
Screen shots:
a picture is worth a hundred words (at least).
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
The scripts I am using are the following:
Raziel's chrono trigger custom menu system
Ending Credit script by unknown (No one knows who did this script)

if someone asks a specific question, add that detail to this post.

Atoa

This can be done easily with events in parallel process.
You can use the step count and make an common event in parallel process "if the step count is equal or higher than X call event 'payment'"
in the event 'payment' you add the money amount (the amount can be controlled by an variable) and show a picture with the money amount.

Cait

I am not very good with variables, and the system I thought would work, gives me 40,000 gold on the first payment. I think a script might be better, or if someone could create the common event system for me. I could use it... otherwise, I am still learning that part of the system.

Atoa

@Cait
I think that makes no sense work on an script that do something that can be done with events in less than a hour.

The script system would work no different from what i said.

If you're not good on variables, look for variables tutos since it's really easy.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.